Tikka T3x Scope Rings

Appreciate everyone's input and info in this thread.

Wanted to give my support for Michael Tawn over at Tawnado Airguns. I placed my order for a set of T084s on the night of 3/7/21. they shipped the next day and I received them in the mail on 3/15. Genuine rings with the stickers and great customer service. Buy with confidence.

rcb2000

WKR
On your recommendation I went to Michael at Tawnado and he was great. I’ve got some T048 rings on the way, highly recommend anyone looking for Sportsmatch head his way.

On your recommendation I went to Michael at Tawnado and he was great. I’ve got some T048 rings on the way, highly recommend anyone looking for Sportsmatch head his way.
I’d like to order the medium sportsmatch rings for my one inch scope and I’ve seen theses referred to as TO48 and TO48C in this thread.
Is there a difference between between these 2 model numbers?I only see TO48 on the Tawnado site. Thanks!

rcb2000

WKR
I’d like to order the medium sportsmatch rings for my one inch scope and I’ve seen theses referred to as TO48 and TO48C in this thread.
Is there a difference between between these 2 model numbers?I only see TO48 on the Tawnado site. Thanks!
I wondered that myself, but those were the only ones I saw. Reach out to Michael and I’m sure he’ll have an answer

Sled

WKR
I'm still going to look for alternatives but for now i'm going to take a shot in the dark on one of the two euro suppliers.

it should be mentioned that these are the 1" version. most scopes are 30mm tubes so it's a bit harder to find the 1".

Just bumping for a PSA. I ordered 2 sets of rings from krale this week and had them in 3 or 4 days. Crazy fast with today's supply and shipping woes.

Sled

WKR

I guess I don't know for sure

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:

Bowhunt25

FNG
Just picked up a Tikka T3x. What kind of scope rings have you guys found to work the best on them? I will be putting a Leupold VX6HD 3-18x44 on it.

Do nightforce picatinny style rings mount onto the rail grooves machined into the top of the action?

Thanks!

Bowhunt25

FNG
I have the DNZ medium rings on mine with a zeiss conquest 6-24x50, clearance is close, I think they’d work perfect for your 44mm objective

Anyone ever use one of these from Mountain Tactical or any of their scope mounts for that matter??

I think the Raptors are pretty new, so not s lot of info out there from users yet. I like what they did with it though at least on paper.

I’ve used their rails a bunch before and they are rock solid. Everything I’ve got from them has been good. I’m considering the raptor for a new Tikka I have if I decide to use the NX8 4-32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: B23

B23

WKR
I think the Raptors are pretty new, so not s lot of info out there from users yet. I like what they did with it though at least on paper.

I’ve used their rails a bunch before and they are rock solid. Everything I’ve got from them has been good. I’m considering the raptor for a new Tikka I have if I decide to use the NX8 4-32
I bought one of the 1in Raptor mounts last week for my little Tikka Compact 204 Ruger. I have a Vortex HD LH 3-15x42 I'm putting on it and their Raptor mount seemed like about the lowest setup I could get so I'll see how it goes and then maybe order a 30mm version for the Tikka 300WSM I just bought.

B23

WKR
Installed the Mountain Tactical Raptor mount on my Tikka compact 204 Ruger with a Vortex HD LH 3-15x42 today. The MT Raptor mount I used was their 1in tube low version so I could keep the scope as low as possible since the comb height is pretty low. The quality seems very good and as advertised it is a low setup because the scope just barely clears without touching the barrel.

Skippy00

FNG
So what are all the options for 30mm rings that mount directly to the factory dovetail?

Sportsmatch
Burris

Anyone else?

Skippy00

FNG
Need help with correct part numbers. The style pictured below are the exact ones I want. I believe they are Sako/Tikka brand. I will be mounting a VX5 30mm tube scope with a 42mm objective. What's the lowest height rings that will jive with that scope?

512PH-J8jyL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

KClark

WKR
Need help with correct part numbers. The style pictured below are the exact ones I want. I believe they are Sako/Tikka brand. I will be mounting a VX5 30mm tube scope with a 42mm objective. What's the lowest height rings that will jive with that scope?

View attachment 388900

AFAIK they come in 1" and 30mm, blue and stainless (hard chrome probably) but only one height. Beretta part# for 30mm SS is S1323904.

The 30mm have adequate clearance with a 50mm objective.

Last edited: