Tire Recommendations

Another vote for the Wildpeaks but a buddy just got some fury r/t and they’re a good looking tire on the cheap only 10K on them so far but look good and no road noise be anxious to follow them

I’ve had great luck with Cooper AT3 xlt’s- I’ve had great life out of them and the road noise (or lack thereof) is pretty impressive.

Ive had Nitto terra grapplers on our 4runner twice, Toyo open country at2 on my 1500 and at3 on my 2500 and now on the 4runner. Currently Nitto RECON grappler on my 2500

Toyo at3 is worth the money over terra grapplers hands down, I will not buy another set of terras.

So far over about 1k miles Recons are nice, a little quieter than the Toyo and more aggressive styling, we’ll see how they hold up but happy so far

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had great luck with Cooper AT3 xlt’s- I’ve had great life out of them and the road noise (or lack thereof) is pretty impressive.
Any snow/ice driving? Towing? They're my top choice; the size I want is on back order so i've had too much time to think.

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
Wildpeak falken At3w's here also. I put them on a GX460 and they are quiet and have a nice ride. Only about 5k miles so far though. Discount tire is my go to because its close.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I had a set of Falken AT3Ws on my tacoma for about a year when I sold the truck. Seriously good tire. I bought them before they apparently jacked the prices up on them. Now they are pretty pricey and much closer to the duratrac and KO2 price range. They did great everywhere I took them including snow/ice and moderate off roading in the mountains of Colorado. I'll probably buy them again.

jonnyviceroy

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kenda klevers on my 4 runner and those suckers have performed phenomenally in my experience. They’ve served me very well in both mud and snow. Probably not ideal if you’re looking for ideal fuel mileage but man they’ve been a big key for not getting stuck for me.

WKR
In MN with a lot of snow I'd consider KO2. I have those on 2 of 3 here. The 3rd is using Cooper AT3 XLT and this will be the first winter for that truck. I spend so much on gas that I just never worry about tire prices.

Any snow/ice driving? Towing? They're my top choice; the size I want is on back order so i've had too much time to think.
We live in Oklahoma now, so not much time on snow or ice. But what few times they have been on it has been good. We live out on dirt and clay roads that get pretty bad when it rains and they do really well in mud. I have towed with them a decent amount, and I haven’t had any complaints. The only rig I have them on now is my wife’s suburban and I’d say the best benefit has been even wear and lack of road noise. We have put just over 40k miles on this set so far- plenty of life left.

hunterjmj

WKR
I'm right at 60,000 on Falken Wildpeaks. Going to run them through the summer then get a new set. I bought these pre Covid so I'm sure I'll have sticker shock.
We run Duratrac's at work because we get the least flats with them and we run them hard.

bohntr

WKR
I live in snow country…..and tow once in a while. Used to use BFG, and a few others……then I discovered (no pun intended) Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx E rated tires. They perform exceptional in the snow/ice, are quiet on the road, and last over 50,000 miles. I have them in my jeep now as well. Would highly recommend them as well.

Weldor

WKR
I think most AT's with deep thread throw rocks, I know mine do.

Wideback

FNG
I recently purchased a set of Firestone Destination XT tires for my F150 and am very impressed. I was sold on the full depth siping. I've owned Coopers and Falkens in the past.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
I was BFG KO2 guy on my Ram for years but they increased prices when I was looking for new tires last year. I switched to Cooper Discoverer and I have been very happy with them for the last several thousand miles. Don’t do much snow driving but they’re great in mud. From SW Georgia clay to Arkansas rice fields they’ve been great. Quiet on the road and they don’t throw rocks as bad as others, in my experience.

IdahoBeav

WKR
I recently put Cooper AT3 on my Tacoma. They have been great. I've had Duratracs and Toyo AT2 on this rig in the past, and both were great. IMO, the key to tires on Toyota is running C load rated (6 ply) tires. There's no reason to run a 10 ply except for maybe on a Tundra.