Woodpecker control

I've got a woodpecker that keeps waking me up at the crack of dawn boring holes in the side of my house. It works in an inside corner so I can't shoot it off the side of my house because my house would be behind the little pecker from any direction of approach. I'm thinking there's a good scarecrow product out there. Any recommendations?

Mcnasty

FNG
Not sure about a scarecrow options but I have used my sons airsoft for the wood pecker the bangs on our aluminum house vent. Took to pops on different days but has been effective

49ereric

WKR
I've got a woodpecker that keeps waking me up at the crack of dawn boring holes in the side of my house. It works in an inside corner so I can't shoot it off the side of my house because my house would be behind the little pecker from any direction of approach. I'm thinking there's a good scarecrow product out there. Any recommendations?
That is a bad sign-warning in the Native American world. 😢

pirogue

WKR
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a thread that the internet police didn’t have to pollute?

Agross

WKR
I had the same problem a couple years ago with my new deer blind. Happened to talk to an old lady in a neighborhood we were working in. All the houses had wood siding and a wood pecker problem except her. She said she put a few big fake spiders out and it takes care of it. U may not want to do it but being it was just my deer blind I screwed a six inch fake rubber tarantula to the side of my blind. They didn’t touch it after that.

eightyeight mag

Lil-Rokslider
Maybe we need a thread on which caliber is enough to take down a pecker. How many foot pounds of energy do we need to ethically deflate the offending pecker?
Inevitably someone will refer you to the .223 thread.