Toilet paper or wet wipes?

luv2huntelk

Lil-Rokslider
While hunting elk high altitude this past weekend I came across a pile of scat….well actually pile of shit with at least 1/2 a roll of toilet paper used all sitting on the ground just waiting to blow all over the mountain. Quite unsightly.

So is TP better or WW? Do you bury or just squat and go?

What’s your preference for hygiene?

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Wet wipes. Take some veggie bags from the store to dispose. Packs to nothing if you want to leave no trace or burn later. It all weighs nothing

bj00pb

FNG
Wet wipes can and will freeze solid. One of the guys in camp had this happen during a 2nd season hunt.... store em close to you at night, in your bag etc and not just inside your pack like a buddy of mine did. Although it was a pretty good story he told over the fire that night about holding the solid chunk of wipes in his hands to try to warm up and pull apart. Depending on weather...I'll carry both.

Lwilliams

Lil-Rokslider
Wet wipes make sure the 7 year itch stays away and it's not hard to flip a rock to cover up the mess.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Compressed coin towelettes. Add a couple drops of water and they expand into a full wipe so it’s like a more biodegradable wet wipe and they weigh next to nothing plus don’t take up any space. Can fit about 10 of them in an orange waterproof match holder. Surprisingly tear resistant too

Compressed coin towelettes. Add a couple drops of water and they expand into a full wipe so it’s like a more biodegradable wet wipe and they weigh next to nothing plus don’t take up any space. Can fit about 10 of them in an orange waterproof match holder. Surprisingly tear resistant too
Use these on the boat and they do work well for fish slime, worm guts, and other nastiness.