Travel Trailer Mice

OP
E

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting, I've had two trailers and my folks have had 5 or 6 over probably 50 years. We've never had mice in them. We both winterize and store them along the side of our driveways and we both live out in the country.

We don't do anything special other than winterizing the tanks, blowing out lines and giving them a good cleaning before winter. NO food is left in them. Don't give them a reason to get in.

Never had an issue.

Jeremy

From my research I was unable to determine if it was rare or inevitable.

dtrkyman

WKR
Peppermint oil, use it on the outside though around any potential entry ways, it is strong and would linger inside for a long time!

Ten Bears

WKR
Peppermint oil has kept them out of my boat. At my office in the city we have rats that tear up the trash. I sprinkle ghost pepper flakes in the bottom. Never had a rat since.

If you’re using traps or poison, put them outside around any part that is touching the ground. You don’t want dead mice inside.

Also trim any branches that mice could jump from to come in from the top.

Wapiti1

WKR
From my research I was unable to determine if it was rare or inevitable.
It's just something that I never thought much about. I've never had issues, so don't consider it a threat. It probably matters where you store the trailer. Mine have always been parked on gravel in a mowed area along a driveway. Not a lot of mice in that location.

If I stored it near my treeline, it could be a different story. That is where the mice are.

Jeremy

Opah

WKR
If you ever get fleas, the best is iodized salt, sprinkle it in the carpet and on the floor and leave it till your next go round, vacuum it up and tralala No more fleas.
I did this in my Grandmothers House the fleas were so bad it looked like a dark fog moving around 3 to 4 inches above the carpets, salted the floors and carpets and her mangy poodles in salt water. With in a week her house was flea free