Trekking Pole Recommendations

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These look like a good set of "higher end" poles at a reasonable price. Anybody have experience with these?

Komperdell C3 Carbon Pro Trekking Poles (2018) | Price & Reviews | Massdrop

I used them last year. Good quality for sure and well built. I wasn't a fan of the locks, seemed like they were always either too tight or too loose, and required a phillips head to adjust. Also the bottom section was not carbon fiber, seemed like it was aluminum or something like that.

young7.3

WKR
OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I put this chart together to help make sense of all these suggestions. Thought some of you might find it useful. (Click on it to actually read it)

Trekking Poles.jpg

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I used them last year. Good quality for sure and well built. I wasn't a fan of the locks, seemed like they were always either too tight or too loose, and required a phillips head to adjust. Also the bottom section was not carbon fiber, seemed like it was aluminum or something like that.

Rob,

I'd be interested in your poles if they were shorter. I want to use the poles as bipod legs for my modular evolution bipod, in addition to being traditional trekking poles. Any chance you could get their collapsed length down around 22"?

Also, with whatever poles I go with, I will probably need to cut the grips off and epoxy in an attachment for the 1/4-20 stud required to attach it to the bipod adapter. Let me know if you have any thoughts on how this could be done with your poles.

Thanks.

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rob,

I'd be interested in your poles if they were shorter. I want to use the poles as bipod legs for my modular evolution bipod, in addition to being traditional trekking poles. Any chance you could get their collapsed length down around 22"?

Also, with whatever poles I go with, I will probably need to cut the grips off and epoxy in an attachment for the 1/4-20 stud required to attach it to the bipod adapter. Let me know if you have any thoughts on how this could be done with your poles.

Thanks.

Good stuff. PM me your email address and ill forward this on to Steve. He is the master designer around here!

rob