Trekking Poles as Bipod

Mv48

FNG
That's damn brilliant Justin!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Carlin59

WKR
Ok, I made my wife stop making dinner and take a couple pictures real quick. Heres how my brother and I have been using our hiking sticks to shoot off of for years.

9577b31135cd13405c4bf69aff16feb1.jpg

87142a821dc79b63bc1ade51105f309b.jpg

79264f9829e55e2ba257b5dafa34e086.jpg

Thanks for the pics Justin. That is what I do exactly if I have an extra 1/2 second to set up the shot. I also think the straps provide a softer rest surface than the poles themselves (depending on the material used for the pole grip). Similar to the adage of not directly resting a rifle's forearm on a hard surface like a fence post or directly against a tree.

TxxAgg

WKR
Drill a small hole. Slip in the pin in one pole and leave there. Slip the next pole on when ready to shoot. I got the clasp off my tow hitch pin.

CFD35513-633B-4FF8-B92E-07FE59E01A75.jpeg

Oregonboy

WKR
Well, I swear by this little gizmo and it is so simple, it's stupid.....................You can use it on a trekking pole or a tripod which is what I do.
I keep it with me at all times in my bino pouch so if I need to make a quick shot, I can just throw it on a trekking pole or if it is a long range shot, I put it on my tripod. Watch the videos...................

Gun Accessories & Hunting Equipment - Sargent Sniper Rest
Randy
I just ordered one, looks very practical. Im excited to give it a shot.

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a product the other day. In the video they zip tied a piece on each trekking pole and the twisted together to make a bipod. They had a deal where the more sets that you purchased the cheaper the price. Does anybody know the name of that product?

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Great idea. I may throw some ranger bands on my poles to band together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I like the Wiser Precision Quick-Stix. https://www.wiserprecision.com/collections/quick-stix-system

They are convenient for holding the poles together when I only want to use one, but want both in hand rather than one strapped to the pack. I also like that I can hold the rifle and the poles, which helps with follow up shots. If I have to break the position and move a few feet for a clear shot, the Quick-stix keeps everything together and it is fast.

No need to adjust pole length (within reason), just tilt for or aft until you get to your desired height. They work as a rear rest, and when seated and with a pack, if time allows you can put the brace poles against your feet and lean your upper body into them to stabilize your shoulder, this works well with walking length poles and eliminates the need to adjust length for a seated rear rest.

I like the Wiser Precision Quick-Stix. https://www.wiserprecision.com/collections/quick-stix-system

They are convenient for holding the poles together when I only want to use one, but want both in hand rather than one strapped to the pack. I also like that I can hold the rifle and the poles, which helps with follow up shots. If I have to break the position and move a few feet for a clear shot, the Quick-stix keeps everything together and it is fast.

No need to adjust pole length (within reason), just tilt for or aft until you get to your desired height. They work as a rear rest, and when seated and with a pack, if time allows you can put the brace poles against your feet and lean your upper body into them to stabilize your shoulder, this works well with walking length poles and eliminates the need to adjust length for a seated rear rest.
They’re a great product. Lost track of how many things I’ve killed off of them.

Byrdman

FNG
I just purchased these recently and they seem great. Super easy to set up compared to the strap method. I just need to get out and use them now.

Dunky

WKR
The wiser quick stix with the quick clip to lock it in is really stable. I think he has both pic and arca clamps now

Attachments

• IMG_6672.jpeg
    IMG_6672.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 48
The Wiser Precision device is the way I went. I have them on both my treking pole sets. I did use my straps for a few years. It worked ok but the Wiser accessory has worked out as a better option for me.

The Quick Stix work great. My Bog Pod can be used while still in my pack if necessary. But this is a great product. This isn’t the first bull we’ve killed using them when the shot opportunity was very short. IMG_0506.jpeg