Trijicon Credo 2-10x36

BCD

WKR
Mil/Mil, FFP, illuminated, perhaps reasonably robust. Anyone have any experience with one of these? I have a 2.5-15x42 I really like. Would like one FFP for another specific rifle.
I'm assuming the reticle on the 2.5-15 SFP is quite a bit more visible than on the FFP 2-10 x 36 at low power?

OP
prm

prm

WKR
I'm assuming the reticle on the 2.5-15 SFP is quite a bit more visible than on the FFP 2-10 x 36 at low power?

A qualified yes. The center bars are thicker on the 15. Not thick though. The center is VERY thin in the 10. The 2-10 has some thicker bars the 2-15 does not though. They seem to do a decent job of aiming. With the illumination the 10x is easy to at all zoom levels.

ETtikka

WKR
thanks PRM, any additional review details you have are much appreciated. I think for the price, alot of folks are looking at these now. NF cost almost double, and SWFA and LRHS are on the endangered species lists.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
10x on a low power
BC659A05-ED6C-4E05-9E35-837315EB32D2.jpeg

with illum (camera does not capture it well. Its actually very crisp)
6BD64221-7BA7-4B97-B1C4-9C077217FCD3.jpeg

on 6x. After sunset. Houses are ~1.75mi away.A62F1455-3A30-4A9D-8B71-85367CA731CD.jpeg

I don’t think it’s the best reticle design. However, as long as you use the illumination, it works very well. I did play with until completely dark. The glass is quite good in lowlight. A bit better than the Leupold VX-3I 2.5-8 I had next to it. With illumination, I could aim much longer (statement of the obvious…). But that is the design. The illuminated tree portion is a bit annoying when aiming quickly at short range. Need to ensure illumination is not too bright or ot washes out target below aimpoint. I’ll compare to others in the next few days. I’m generally more concerned about quick shots in the timber and I feel this will work very well with the illumination. The eyebox seems a bot sensitive, but I’ll wait until it’s mounted to see if it actually matters.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
Here’s a little better pic of it illuminated.

1DBC3293-85CC-4E60-A138-B3EF52696F29.jpeg

Here’s a 15 reticle for reference. Of the two, factoring in FFP and SFP, I slightly prefer the 10x. Both work fine as designed (Meaning they really need the illum), but I really want FFP/Mil for this application. Your opinion could be the opposite and still be right. Just depends on what you want. Both will aim near to far, bright to dark.
BC13919B-A788-444C-8EFF-28DD63932A8B.jpeg
ABC1118F-9A6F-4970-8B82-51FC3D04F58C.jpeg

ETtikka

WKR
Thanks very much for the photos, I believe you are correct to assume Trijicon designed these reticles with the assumption of illumination being used more than usual.

BCD

WKR
Thanks very much for the photos, I believe you are correct to assume Trijicon designed these reticles with the assumption of illumination being used more than usual.
I have almost ordered the 2-.5-15 about 10 times now but I just hate having to depend on illumination....

OP
prm

prm

WKR
I have almost ordered the 2-.5-15 about 10 times now but I just hate having to depend on illumination....
I feel your pain. I have always felt a reticle was a poor design if it required illumination. Also felt a scope was unnecessarily complicated with illumination. I guess I’ve given in to illumination to get other capabilities. Trying anyway… I must admit that in low light illumination really makes aiming easy. It does add a step in ensuring its on and at a proper level. How that balances out for me is TBD. This scope is a perfect example; I would have never purchased this for many years. VERY fine reticle…. Now I’m looking at it more as a capability. Can I aim in the timber, can I use Mils across zoom range, can I aim in low light? So far, if I’m being honest with myself, I can do each of these very well.

Redwing

Lil-Rokslider
I would buy two or three of these if the reticle were better at low power. They check all the boxes save for that, and that's a big one.

The tree and the illumination just aren't needed, IMO.

Grizzle

FNG
I would buy two or three of these if the reticle were better at low power. They check all the boxes save for that, and that's a big one.

The tree and the illumination just aren't needed, IMO.
I agree its so close but that reticle is terrible for how I hunt

Buddha

FNG
I ordered the 2-10x36 and the S&B 3-12 Klassic. Sent the 2-10x36 back because the reticle was very busy. Kept the S&B as it is a nice mildot reticle, nice glass and has great illumination if one needs it.

Extremely odd that the 2-10 gets a Tree reticle and the 2.5-15 does not. I would think the opposite would better match the magnification range of each. The 2-10 would be MUCH more attractive to me with the SFP reticle of the 2.5-15. I liked the side focus, power, and size, but I'm not on the tree reticle bandwagon. Different mission statements for each of these I suppose.