Trim nailer

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Air or battery powered? Do you already own a compressor? Do you have other battery powered tools? After this project how often do you think you will use it?

I use air powered for most of my projects. I've used a Bostitch, Senco, and a cheap one from Harbor Freight. Also an older Metabo. They've all worked well for what I've used them for. The Bostitch, Metabo, and Senco have seen some pretty heavy duty use. Most all the pneumatic nail guns these days work well.

If you don't have a compressor but already have some battery powered tools, I'd get one in the same line if available. They tend to be more expensive than the pneumatic but if you don't have a compressor already it would be the way to go.

Sometimes you can pick up a compressor nailer bundle pretty cheap. Porter Cable tends to pop up often at stores like Home Dumpo.

elkguide

WKR
I would be hard pressed to get by without a trim nail gun, but that is part of my everyday work. I use Paslode and Milwaukee cordless trim guns. If you need/want one for just this one job, I would find it hard to justify the initial cost and would tell you to rent one. I have several air operated nail guns, roofers, siding and framers and will continue to use them, but my air trim guns just sit on the shelf collecting dust.

4rcgoat

WKR
If the fasteners are hidden,you may want to consider a finish stapler,less chance of splitting. I use air tools,can't go wrong with dewalt for the cost.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I use Milwaukee m18 everything.
Have a compressor as well.

What Milwaukee gun would you recommend ?

Geewhiz

WKR
Dewalt makes a 15 gauge and an 18gauge finish nailer. I have quite a few miles on both and they seam to be good tools.

jayhawk

WKR
Grab a 16ga or 18ga air powered gun. Cheaper, lighter, and you already have a compressor. Ridgid, dewalt, or porter cable would be fine. Heck I just trimmed a whole house with a harbor freight special and it worked just fine.

I use Milwaukee m18 everything.
Have a compressor as well.

What Milwaukee gun would you recommend ?
My daily trim guns are Milwaukee. 15ga and 18ga (well, 23ga too. Lol)

I greatly prefer 15ga to 16ga. 18ga is significantly weaker, brads more than nails. (We don't even call them nails.)

I bet I own 30 nail guns. No hose and no compressor noise is so nice.

Weldor

WKR
Air or battery powered? Do you already own a compressor? Do you have other battery powered tools? After this project how often do you think you will use it?

I use air powered for most of my projects. I've used a Bostitch, Senco, and a cheap one from Harbor Freight. Also an older Metabo. They've all worked well for what I've used them for. The Bostitch, Metabo, and Senco have seen some pretty heavy duty use. Most all the pneumatic nail guns these days work well.

If you don't have a compressor but already have some battery powered tools, I'd get one in the same line if available. They tend to be more expensive than the pneumatic but if you don't have a compressor already it would be the way to go.

Sometimes you can pick up a compressor nailer bundle pretty cheap. Porter Cable tends to pop up often at stores like Home Dumpo.
I'm still using my 30 year old Senco's, but if your going for the one and done us HF and yard sale them when your finished(humor).

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
My daily trim guns are Milwaukee. 15ga and 18ga (well, 23ga too. Lol)

I greatly prefer 15ga to 16ga. 18ga is significantly weaker, brads more than nails. (We don't even call them nails.)

I bet I own 30 nail guns. No hose and no compressor noise is so nice.
What nails are you using in them for trim ?

grfox92

WKR
For shiplap get the 18ga. You can do moat things trim with an 18 besides hand interior doors.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk