TRT

Gutshotem

WKR
Hopefully this thread still gets some activity. I'm going in to see my Dr for my first physical in about 5 years. The last time I went in the only recommendation was a Vit D sup, which I've been taking daily. My normal work schedule gets me home at 1am asleep by 2 and up with the kids no later than 7 but often 6. So my sleep sucks. I'm tired often. I'm 5'11 170 and just started back up with a regular exercise routine about a month ago. Usually it's just running or rocking my neighborhood for 2-3 months prior to hunting season.

So my question is, what specific tests do I need to ask for when I have blood drawn next week? I'm sure my T is low, so I'll ask for that and free T. Anything else I should request that may be relevant?

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Hopefully this thread still gets some activity. I'm going in to see my Dr for my first physical in about 5 years. The last time I went in the only recommendation was a Vit D sup, which I've been taking daily. My normal work schedule gets me home at 1am asleep by 2 and up with the kids no later than 7 but often 6. So my sleep sucks. I'm tired often. I'm 5'11 170 and just started back up with a regular exercise routine about a month ago. Usually it's just running or rocking my neighborhood for 2-3 months prior to hunting season.

So my question is, what specific tests do I need to ask for when I have blood drawn next week? I'm sure my T is low, so I'll ask for that and free T. Anything else I should request that may be relevant?

My Dr runs a "full panel". I'm still working on understanding it, so I won't comment yet on what should be there and why. I'll just list what I get tested and others can chime in what they do and why, hopefully only if they understand the why.

Test Name
Comp, Metabolic Panel (14)
Glucose
BUN
Creatine
eGFR
BUN/Creatine Ratio
Sodium
Potassium
Chloride
Carbond Dioxide, Total
Calcium
Protein, Total
Albumin
Globulin, Total
A/G Ratio
Bilirubin, Total
Alkaline Phosphatase
AST (SGOT)
ALT (SGPT)
Lipid Panel
Cholesterol, Total
Triglycerides
HDL Cholesterol
VLDL Cholesterol Cal
LDL Chol Calc (NIH)
CBC, Platelet, No Differential
WBC
RBC
Hemoglobin
Hematocrit
MCV
MCH
MCHC
RDW
Platelets
Vitamin B12 and Folate
Vitamin B12
Folate (Folic Acid), Serum
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum
Triiodothyronine (T3), Free
Thyroxine (T4)
TSH
Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab
FSH
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH
Estradiol
DHEA-Sulfate
Testosterone Free, Profile I
Testosterone, Serum
Sex Horm Binding Glob, Serum
Testost., Free, Calc
Hemoglobin A1c
IGF-1
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy

Kilboars

WKR
They put me back on it and I don’t notice a big difference.
As far as my sex drive, it’s not crazy like it was in my 20s 30s 40s but it’s nice not having to chase the wife around the house all the time.
We do it when we feel like it and then get back to living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PredatorSlayer
Update: just got bloodwork back and meet with my Dr on Thu. Test was at 614. I am still taking 200 mg IM every other week. When this first started, I definitely noticed a drop when I started approaching day 10. The last month or so I haven’t noticed that. Anxiety and depression is gone. I have felt a ton of motivation to get to the gym - I have been doing a PPL split 6 days a week - which is what I had been doing prior to TRT, but all my lifts have gone up by at least 50lbs. I am still a little soft around the mid section and I have actually gained 5lbs, but my pants are all looser around the waste. My back and shoulders and arms are all getting bigger and more defined. Overall I feel great.

Last edited:
Update: just got bloodwork back and meet with my Dr on Thu. Test was at 614. I am still taking 200 mg IM every other week. When this first started, I definitely noticed a drop when I started approaching day 10. The last month or so I haven’t noticed that. Anxiety and depression is gone. I have felt a ton of motivation to get to the gym - I have been doing a PPL split 6 days a week - which is what I had been doing prior to TRT, but all my lifts have gone up by at least 50lbs. I am still a little soft around the mid section and I have actually gained 5lbs, but my pants are all looser around the waste. My back and shoulders and arms are all getting bigger and more defined. Overall I feel great.
How old are you?