TRT

I did a search and read some of threads from a few years ago on here about the subject. Just thought I would see if there are any new or updated experiences with those of you who are on TRT. I went in for my annual physical a few weeks ago. I am turning 42 at the end of the month and have been feeling “off” for about a year, no ED, but lower sex drive, tired all the time, feeling kind of depressed etc. Using my google skills I determined low T could be a possibility, so I asked her if we could test for it. The results came back at 250. She said we need to do one more test and if it comes back low again insurance will cover it. I am headed there next week to get some blood drawn. I have obviously also read about the potential side effects, so just wanting to gather as much info as possible. Thanks in advance.

ORHunter

WKR
Following.......

I can relate to all of what you are saying. I got tested a couple years ago at 40 and decided not to go the TRT route mainly because of the fears of side effects.

It's hard to say what is normal for 40's since this is my first time. I'm still in good shape and still have drive but also tired, brain fog, some depression, etc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sherman

WKR
Not going into huge detail. There’s-a lot of info on other threads. I’ve been on TRT for over a decade. I’ve tried every single available method. The only one worth it is the BioTe pellets. I will never get TRT any other way.

RobertLosekamp

Lil-Rokslider
I've been on it for five years or so, same symptoms you described. I inject intramuscularly twice a week and it's been a major improvement across the board with minimal side effects.

I was already going bald, so no problem there. My balls have shrunk but whatever. I have to donate double red blood cells three or four times a year to keep my blood viscosity down. I have to pay out of pocket because Veterans Affair's cutoff is 250ng/dl and I tested at 279 at 26 years old, no insurance through employer.

Overall, noticeable improvements across the board as I said earlier. More energy, better sex drive, improved mood, excess stubborn body fat reduced, better sleep. Worth it to me.

(I don't usually condone bending the rules, but if you DO want to get on trt and have concerns about your next blood test not making the threshold for insurance purposes, eat McDonald's and stay up super late the night before and it should artificially lower your test levels since diet and sleep are major factors when it comes to optimal hormone production/regulation. Good luck.)

Marble

WKR
47 years old. I'm 10 years in. 1 injection per week. It's been a game changer for me. Besides all of the known benefits, my only real side-effect has been extra body hair.

My wife has done the pellets, and I would rather give myself a shot weekly.

I did the gel and it sucks.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Adam B

FNG
I been on it about 3 years with all the same symptoms you said. I am 39 years old now mine was 200. It help a lot 80% better if I eat better and sleep would probably be 100%. I am on a little higher dose then most other people I have talk to on TRT I inject 2 times a week 160ea but I have no side effects other than having to give blood 3-4 times a year. And think am 18 year old again in bedroom didn't even realize my sex drive was lower until getting on it.

I was doing it. Because I had testicular cancer and lost a testicle. I was fortunate and kept one. But, my levels dropped significantly after chemo. So, I went on it. Here’s what I found for me.

Be ready. Most docs have no idea except what they’ve been told concerning TRT. So, it’s going to depend on your input to get this right.

First, I saw three doctors and all three wanted my levels about the same. I complied. What I noticed was it’s incredible stuff. Get ready. You are going to get a lot stronger. Your stamina is going to be unreal. You simply won’t get tired. You are going to feel on top of the world.

The negative is that most docs want your levels too high. Not everyone fits the protocol. And, it’ll have a very tiring affect if your levels are too high.

Your blood pressure is going to increase. It thickens your blood. So, it’s going to happen. So, keep an eye on that.

The good things besides what’s been stated is you will sleep like a baby.

I’m older than you and finally, I stopped the treatment one year ago. I feel better now than I ever did. The docs had mine too high. I’d get a high level maintained and tell them I was tired, stiff achy muscles and, they’d just keep on keeping on. So, I’d change docs and repeat. Finally, I just gave up and to my surprise, I feel much better after doing so.

I’ll sum it up like this. If I had a good doc, I’d still be on it. It’s some awesome stuff. But it takes a doc who und er stands it.

Adam B

FNG
Like WV Mountaineer said getting a good doc is important I am not 100% satisfied with my doctor but he does better then some of the others I have talked to. All the doctors want to just treat you testosterone number and not your symptoms once they get the numbers where they want it your stuck there for my personal self I did best when my T was at 900. At 600-700 I still felt great compared to not being on it but over all 900 was the magic number for me doc wants me at 800. Against doctors recommendation I did get black market test and jump up to 1300-1400 other the in gym I didn't feel any better and my estrogen shot was up

Be ready. Most docs have no idea except what they’ve been told concerning TRT. So, it’s going to depend on your input to get this right.

First, I saw three doctors and all three wanted my levels about the same. I complied. What I noticed was it’s incredible stuff. Get ready. You are going to get a lot stronger. Your stamina is going to be unreal. You simply won’t get tired. You are going to feel on top of the world.

The negative is that most docs want your levels too high. Not everyone fits the protocol. And, it’ll have a very tiring affect if your levels are too high.

Your blood pressure is going to increase. It thickens your blood. So, it’s going to happen. So, keep an eye on that.
You want to go to a trt specific clinic, not a regular doctor. Those quacks at the local practice wouldn't offer it unless you had the levels of a 90 year old man.

If you're in the PNW, look at Vitality mens clinic

*zap*

WKR
67 all natty, last week blood test 888 total. They missed free again so I need to give blood here pretty quick and get both results again.

7/1, before I started carnivore was 490/free was around 6. It would be nice to see a free # over 12.

I picked up a print out of the results and both times they told me my t was 'normal' on the phone...490-888 both normal.

Last edited:

Sherman

WKR
Lift weights, bang more. Problems solved.
One of the stupidest FBET comments I’ve read on here. My T level dropped to 125 due to an adverse reaction I had to a vaccine before I deployed. No amount of lifting or banging is going to correct that. Now that it is corrected through the correct therapy I am able to lift weights and bang more.

Get help from a male clinic, not a GP.

Jmort1754

WKR
I am 38, I am in the process of getting tested now. I am a LADA diabetic and noticed that over the course of the last year or so my sex drive has dropped, energy sucks, and I just overall feel like shit. The VA is in the process of testing me now.

DAD

FNG
I’m looking into TRT as well. Also checking out all my other hormones as well.

I’ve been reading that thyroid issues can cause similar symptoms. Have you tested your vitamin D?

67 all natty, last week blood test 888 total. They missed free again so I need to give blood here pretty quick and get both results again.

7/1, before I started carnivore was 490/free was around 6. It would be nice to see a free # over 12.

I picked up a print out of the results and both times they told me my t was 'normal' on the phone...490-888 both normal.
They said I was normal at 400-450 and I felt like a bag of shit all day and had a lot of issues. That is incredible to hear carnivore did that, and exciting.

Marble

WKR
Depending on age, "normal" T levels range from 200-900. The problem is when someone is just above the low side of normal and the Dr. says, you're normal, you don't need TRT.

If you find a doctor that is up to date with all of their training and reading, this shouldn't be a problem. They know how to prescribe TRT. But if your doctor doesn't keep up with the latest publishing, then they won't know and thus, will do nothing.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

ROKnROAL

FNG
One of the stupidest FBET comments I’ve read on here. My T level dropped to 125 due to an adverse reaction I had to a vaccine before I deployed. No amount of lifting or banging is going to correct that. Now that it is corrected through the correct therapy I am able to lift weights and bang more.

Get help from a male clinic, not a GP.
Okay bud, everyone else seemed to get it was a joke. If stuff like this offends you so much on the internet, maybe you should get some other things checked at your ‘male clinic’.