Ultralight chair for Glassing Bears.

My back can act up quick so comfort is my primary concern. The 2lb Helinox (for big boys like me) is pretty hard to beat.

IMG_0827.JPG

Collapses to nothing. Had mine for a decade w/o any issues.

manitou1

WKR
I have gone to the Crazy Creek also. Like all chairs, it isn't perfect but is very light and functional. Not much to break on it. It sure beats pads I used in the past or sitting on the ground. A back rest just makes glassing so much better.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like my Helinox chair zero but during my moose hunt a few days ago I used one that belongs to a friend, it’s a heavier cheaper chair but I was amazed at the similarity between it and the helinox.

I have a Helinox zero, it's about 1 lbs and definitely worth it. I would definitely prefer it over a stool, because for me having a back rest is a must. The build quality is solid. It hugs my non existing butt just perfectly and here might be the problem. It may turn out to be a tight fit and then it could be pain to get out of it, I guess.

Anyone use some of the ultralight collapsible chairs when glassin bears?

No, I build a nice, exceptionally comfortable "barcalounger" by using my packframe, the harness component of that packframe, my ice axe, a worn Helly Hansen rain jacket, my puffy coat on occasion, and a thin, (folding) closed-cell foam pad. Nothing quite like it. Definitely easy on the lower back, shoulders, thighs and my bony ass. I can send a photo to you so you can see the setup.

I like my Helinox chair, a comfortable seat makes it possible to hang tough and glass all day. That chair is responsible for my best elk. I stuck it out, cause I had a good seat. Worth every ounce.