Under boot ankle brace

willidru

WKR
It’s been 4 months and ankle is still recovering, hopefully will be ready for October hunt, but just in case, anyone have under boot ankle support that really works. I have one that does a good job, but it’s really thick fitting boots really only works with my low top Salomon’s.

I saw a Gritty pod cast where he recommended Swede-O any other thoughts? Thanks in advance.

OP
willidru

willidru

WKR
Anyone try this one? Bauerfeind Malleo Train S Support saw it in the Kenetrek catalog.

or the Swede-O brace

Attachments

• 5FD42A3A-9FEF-40DD-9CD0-AF978A3EFEF6.jpeg
    5FD42A3A-9FEF-40DD-9CD0-AF978A3EFEF6.jpeg
    460.2 KB · Views: 16
Anyone try this one? Bauerfeind Malleo Train S Support saw it in the Kenetrek catalog.

or the Swede-O brace
Willi;
I destroyed my ankle 45 years ago, wrestling in college. As I got older I started having more problems with it. By the time I was 40 I was prewrapping and taping to hunt.
about 10 years ago I discovered the Sbrace at Kenetreks. Changed my life. I’m 65 now, still guiding in Alaska, (my last season) I don’t go anywhere without the brace. It does take a little getting use to in the boot, and can cause some hot spots so be prepared for that, little tape or mole skin.

nrh6.7

WKR

or the Swede-O brace
While I can't speak to that specific brace, I do have Bauerfeind braces for each knee and they have worked great for me. Was pretty skeptical because I've always used custom don joy braces, but they really surprised me.

Opus56

FNG
MalleoTrain S brace is worth the price. But, each person's issue is different so it can take some trial and error to get the right set up...just like boots.