Unlimited PTO?!?

Do they think we were working 50-hr weeks because we loved the job that much?

hahahaha.. yeah Thats what the overlords think.. No.. I work 50 hours a week so I can take a couple days a month off work and not use any of my accrued PTO. Then once I've amassed maximum PTO I take 2-3 weeks off to hunt then another week at the beach with the family and another week off around the holidays .

Sevens

WKR
That being said the rumor is that hybrid work is going to be slowly curtailed and phased out. We have too many owned office building and just remodeled one. I don’t think we can sell the buildings due to their nature

Never understood this corporate mentality. They see better productivity with the flex/remote schedule, but because they own some office buildings they HAVE to use them and want everyone to come in to them. Throwing good money after bad, IMHO.

Company I just worked for switched to the unlimited. Being sold to us as a benefit for mental health, but think the real reasons are:
- no PTO accrual (company is expected to go public in the next couple years, looks better for financials)
- folks will probably not take as much time off, company culture is very “work all the time”
- attract younger talent

The last one is the interesting one to me, appears the younger generation of workers are causing a shift in the market as they want perks like unlimited PTO and remote work (surprise, people work because they have to, not because they want to). I’m all for that though, just hoping we see continued change in workplace dynamic as older decision makers phase out of the workforce and younger talent moves in to replace them.