Using Burris warranty

Just sent a scope in to Burris for some repairs and thought I’d give a rundown of how the process works out for me. I haven’t heard much about Burris’s warranty in use but on paper it is very similar to the now industry standard vortex warranty.

The process started on Wednesday I got on Burris’s website and started a warranty/repair request. I had to make an account and fill out a form for the request. The process was a little confusing and I wasn’t sure I had done it right, but Thursday morning I had an email from the automated system with a case number and address to send the scope to.

I sent the scope out today via usps and I’m assuming I will be updated when it arrives. The website said lead times of 4-6 weeks for repairs so I’m curious how long the process will take. I’ll update this thread as things progress.

Motown

WKR
Good to know. Just curious but what issue did you have and with what scope? I own a bunch of Burris scopes and am just wondering.

Last edited:
OP
M
Good to know. Just curious but what issue did you have and with what scope? I own a bunch or Burris scopes and am just wondering.
It’s a fullfield e1 I think the erector is bound up the windage won’t adjust at all

Motown

WKR
Ah that sucks. Well good luck and I hope they treat you right. I have heard good things about their warranties in the past.

I’ve used their warranty before, they will replace the optic. If it’s no longer in production, they will substitute a “like” optic.

You also have the option of using the value of the scope towards a different optic they make, if you desire.

OP
M
Got an email from Burris this morning that they received the scope still saying 5-6 week timeframe so now I wait.

OP
M
Another email this morning saying that the product was not repairable and was going to be replaced. I figured this would be the case and the email said they will send tracking numbers when the new scope ships to me.

OP
M
They still make the same model but the reticle in the broken one is discontinued I believe. My guess is that my replacement will have the new reticle but they may have some of the discontinued one just for replacement.

I had an issue with a discontinued model last year, the process was smooth & painless, just not impressed with Burris quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a Burris go down a few years ago. It was an older scope and they said it wasn’t repairable. They gave me a few options and in the end I was happy.