Vanguard spotter info ?

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
anybody got one ? how is it ? I have used the bino's next to my Vortex Vipers seem pretty good. Looking for a mule deer spotter for next year.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Vanguard, Hawke and Athlon offer very affordable quality Spotters. It would be our pleasure to discuss different options with you.
Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000
Happy New Year,
Doug

Napperm4

WKR
If you’re talking about the endeavour HD spotter I’ve always found it to be better than the razor. In my opinion definitely in the best bang for your buck class

I have the endeavor HD 65a that I like. I used it for archery mule deer in idaho this past year and it did great. Unfortunately I don't have anything to campare it to but it seems to be bright and have very good edge to edge clarity. The picture starts to get a little fuzzy if you crank it past 40x long distance but for what I need it to do its perfect. Here is a video that I took of a bull at approx 1000-1200 yd with a galaxy s5(not the greatest camera by today's standard)
Link to video YouTube

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fatcamp

WKR
Ya, for the money it's pretty awesome.

Wait for the right buy and the 65a is a great deal.

I had one for about a week, got a really good deal from Cabelas with rebate for a free tripod. When I compared it to my current spotter, konus pro 85mm I didn’t see any advantage from vanguard with my eyes. I couldn’t justify spending the money for no real gain from what I have. I also compared to razor gen1 and Sportsmans and obviously with twice the price the razor handily beat it. I returned vanguard and will save up for razor or something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amp713

WKR
I have an 82mm endeavour hd that I like for what it is but I plan to sell to step up to the alpha class glass. Just know it's a budget piece, but it's a good quality piece!!

Fatcamp

WKR
I have an 82mm endeavour hd that I like for what it is but I plan to sell to step up to the alpha class glass. Just know it's a budget piece, but it's a good quality piece!!

Yup. Not A grade glass, but not bad. We look at bucks a couple miles away and can tell general size. If it's worth walking two miles we can tell.

OP
slick trick

slick trick

Lil-Rokslider
just grabbed one they had a hell of a sale ended 12/31 and comes with tripod 65hd

blb078

WKR
I have the 82A and it's probably the best budget to middle of the road spotter out there. This past month in SD I found some whitetails about 3 miles out just doing some random glassing in trees with it. I've had a Nikon, Leupold, Vortex spotters and I would put the Vanguard better than any of them. If you're not buying something made in Germany, Austria, Czech Republic then go with the Vanguard and you'll be more than happy and you're bank account wont take a 4 figure hit either.