VX5 3-15 x 44 Long Action Issues

JHubbard2010

FNG
Classified Approved
Ive got a 300 Weatherby built off of a Remington 700 and I'm looking for a scope. I have a VX5 3-15x44 and even with the Talley extended rings, I cant seem to get it mounted far enough back in order to get the eye relief I'm after. Anyone else having this issue and if so, what are your solutions? I dont really want to use a rail but I guess I may have to if I stick with this scope.

rbaney

FNG
I have that exact scope but mine is on a Weatherby Accumark and I used the Talley rings with no issues. My only Remington 700 also 300 Wby has the VX3 on it and again no issues with eye relief I can not remember how it is mounted I may have used Leupold back country Rings instead of Talleys on it. I'll take a quick look after work. Sorry not much help.

OP
JHubbard2010

JHubbard2010

FNG
Classified Approved
I have that exact scope but mine is on a Weatherby Accumark and I used the Talley rings with no issues. My only Remington 700 also 300 Wby has the VX3 on it and again no issues with eye relief I can not remember how it is mounted I may have used Leupold back country Rings instead of Talleys on it. I'll take a quick look after work. Sorry not much help.
Thank you. I’m gonna mess with some different rings.

Mmacfive

FNG
Ive got a 300 Weatherby built off of a Remington 700 and I'm looking for a scope. I have a VX5 3-15x44 and even with the Talley extended rings, I cant seem to get it mounted far enough back in order to get the eye relief I'm after. Anyone else having this issue and if so, what are your solutions? I dont really want to use a rail but I guess I may have to if I stick with this scope.
I have several VX6 and VX5’s on Rem LA with Talleys. I have seen a problem.

OP
JHubbard2010

JHubbard2010

FNG
Classified Approved
“Haven’t seen a problem “
Do you have a picture of a mounted VX-5?I think my issue is that the objective tapers back too far and I cut move the scope far enough towards my eye.

Mmacfive

FNG
Sorry, I grabbed a 700 with a VX6 on it when the gun sitting next to it is a 700 with a VX5 with Talleys.

it’s the same though.

Most of my Talleys are 20moa now which means the rear is slightly higher.