VX6HD vs Ziess V6 vs NXS

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Does the 42mm March gather enough light at 25x to be used at long range in low light?

FURMAN

WKR
The real world light transmission of the March is a weakness. It is a little better than the NXS in low light. I would steer clear of the 42mm.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve seen the video you did before and it was very well done! So basically the advantages over the nxs are weight and clarity but not so much the brightness? Really look forward to your full review on the march!

FURMAN

WKR
Yes, weight, better glass, but barely better low light performance.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I wish they would make their reticles in 1 moa increments at max magnification and not 2moa at 20x. And capped windage maybe. But I guess you can’t have it all!

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
Checking out their reticles the mtr-3 and mtr-4 in SFP seem like they would be very nice

Jardo

WKR
I’m somewhat new to ELR hunting, but I have an z5 on a 280ai cooper backcountry and a V6 5-30 on my ELR 300 win. I got the V6 on sale from red hawk rifles so it was less than the NF.

The Swarovski z5 has lost its zero twice and has been back to the factory once. So far I’m not happy with it. I bought this because it was light and I didn’t expect to shoot past 800 yards with my lightweight 280ai setup. I missed a couple of deer and a nice pig after losing the zero twice. I think Swarovski has some work to do on this scope. I hope I can get it to keep the zero after getting it back from the factory. If not, I’ll be in the market for another lightweight 800 yard scope.

The V6 has been awesome. I love the glass and it’s has always tracked and held zero. I’ve only had this setup for a few months so I’m not ready to say it’s better than the NF, but so far I’m happy. I do wish the 5-30 had more elevation. With a 30 moa rail, I’m able to shoot out to 1500 yards which is a long poke for me. I’m sure that someday I’ll want something with more reach but for now, I’m happy. I think the glass on the V6 is by far the best of the three. Not sure how it compares to March, but it beats the NF and the Swarovski in my assessment.

The NF will always be the scope that all others are compared to in the ELR game. Hopefully this V6 can hang with the NF. I need more time with it to say it’s legitimately as reliable as a NF. Only time and shots down range will tell.

Like I said, I’m new to the dialing up yardage game. I’ve spent countless hours soaking up advice from Broz here and at LRO so when he recommends something, I’m all ears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ran across this old thread, figured I'd add what I know for future lookers/researchers.

Purchased a NXS 2.5-10x42 for a 280AI for an upcoming sheep hunt. Very nice scope, feels very well built, but seems finicky to me on parallax adjustment. Didn't like having to fiddle with that every time I changed ranges, wasn't sure I'd remember to check that in a pinch on a hunt. Plus, didn't like the fact that the turrets could easily be knocked or changed inadvertently - another thing I may not check in a hurry. Positives - small, lightweight (~20oz). I liked the reputation of NF for a resilient, durable scope.

Hence, bought another VX-6HD 3.5-18 x44. Had one on a different Cooper 7mm-08 and loved it. Put one on this 280ai. Shoots and tracks/dials very well. Repeatable. Clearer glass than the NF. I like the marked parallax dial - it may not be 100% (may have to tweak it) but its very close and good if in a rushed situation. Also - the turrets have buttons you have to depress before turning the dial off zero - wont inadvertently get moved. The TMOA reticle is a great reticle. Has what you need, not very cluttered, and doesn't have a bunch of additional markings that you don't need. It's simple. Weight is about the same. Also - the Leupold comes with their flip caps, which seem pretty good quality and functional (haven't had an issue in the 2+ years I've had the first one). Far better than having to purchase separate, expensive NF caps that don't have very good reviews.

OP
Brush Buster

Brush Buster

Lil-Rokslider
I saw this old thread came up again. Ended up with a NX8 4-32. I really like it. The “finicky” parallax just seems to help me get it focused faster to be honest. Good clarity and I like the moar reticle. After getting the wind doped at 500y I stretched it out to 922y and was less than .5 moa on the first shot. It’s a sweet long range scope