Wait time between posts

Is the wait time between posts a thing because I am a new member or is this a common thing? It’s quite annoying when trying to hold a conversation in a thread or reply to different threads. Just thought I’d ask as I’ve only ever seen it on one other forum but it wasn’t near as long as it is here.

Thanks
Sc

You might be able to guess from my low post count, but I have never experienced this.

I’m curious: how long was the wait?

OP
sierracharlie338
You might be able to guess from my low post count, but I have never experienced this.

I’m curious: how long was the wait?
it’s weird sometimes it’s shorter than others but yesterday I got a message that said I had to wait 280 seconds before I could post the comment. I’ve only seen it on my phone and not the computer so far.

bozeman

WKR
It probably has to do with the 'knee jerk' reaction people get when posting online and it makes you pause and think before posting.....as you can still tell from many posts...it doesnt always have the intended effect. :)

SWOHTR

WKR
The forum sometimes gets hit by spambots that will post dozens of threads per minute. It's usually evident when it happens...there will be a lot of foreign characters and meaningless posts.