Walking quietly on gravel

wayoh22

WKR
Hey all,

Hoping someone has a solution to this. The landowner who lets me hunt on his land has requested me to park at the beginning of the driveway in the mornings so that I don’t wake anyone up when the truck comes rolling in. This is not a problem what so ever and completely understand where he’s coming from. However this makes my walk to my stand much longer and louder seeing as the driveway is loose gravel.

Currently sporting size 15 feet so slowly walking doesn’t really cut it on the loose gravel. If anything going slowly makes sound last longer. Anyone have an ideas as to footwear or something to get in quietly? I’ve thought of a bike but I’d rather not put much money into this if at all.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
Don't walk on the gravel

4d84a2be1a10949a72dcbe724c25267e.jpg

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
For further clarification, walking alongside the driveway is not an option seeing as the property runs along the landowner in front of him.

Geewhiz

WKR
Sorry, didn't mean to be a dick. haha

I have seen these marketed before. Might work for your application.

1603409766282.png

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
A 30 dollar bike from Goodwill.
I've been thinking about this a little bit. The only issue with that is it creates problems packing in. Especially when it's cold and I have to pack my fanatic system(2XL). I just don't have a pack big enough to carry my bow and outwear unfortunately. All in all need to give it more thought and try it out probably.

OP
wayoh22

wayoh22

WKR
Just so we are clear you think the sound of you walking is louder then your truck driving on the gravel?
I do not think that one bit but I like to manage what sound I can when I can

Fatcamp

WKR
I've been thinking about this a little bit. The only issue with that is it creates problems packing in. Especially when it's cold and I have to pack my fanatic system(2XL). I just don't have a pack big enough to carry my bow and outwear unfortunately. All in all need to give it more thought and try it out probably.

Bungie cords are the modern duct tape, friend.

I think you need a cover noise. Used much like a cover scent, it drowns out the noise of your walking. I like lawn mower, however you might prefer dirt bike, ATV, UTV, sedan, or mini van. I generally stay away from the half-ton or service van soundtracks. Definitely don't use rolling coal.

It's a little more to carry in, but it can be worth it.

4a721325d8d656f952de07d1ab562010.jpg

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
First, study ninjitsu for 20 years. Then you can walk on rice paper and leave no footprints.

But all joking aside, go early. Walk slowly and irregularly so you don’t sound like a 2 legged predator. If you don’t have a favorable wind, just get there as expediently as possible