Wanting to move to Montana

Meanwhile I’m loving western ND with much better pay than MT, same or lower cost of living, and low key, conservative politics and culture.

Western ND is beautiful. Theodore Roosevelt NP is tied with Glacier for my favorite national park.

Rokwiia

WKR
If the OP is running away from liberals, I hope he is aware that just two months ago, the people of Montana re-elected Democrat Jon Tester as US Senator. He's someone who endorsed and voted for Kagan and Sotomayer while voting no for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Anyone who thinks Montana is a bastion of conservatism doesn't follow politics. Just two months ago, the people of Montana re-elected Democrat Jon Tester as US Senator. He's someone who will follow in lockstep with Chuck Schumer and has endorsed and voted for Kagan and Sotomayer while voting no for Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

Re-electing Democrat Jon Tester tells me everything I need to know about Montana.
It only takes two cities in MT to elect him, it's just like Chicago runs Illinois. Not surprising. The other 99% of the state has nothing to do with the new hipster communities

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
Washington and Oregon died of the same fate. King County rules Washington politics and Portland/Salem rule Oregon politics.

The problem with cities and urbanites is once they overcrowd their cities and ruin their paradise they spread to new places and start the process over. They will love the places to death. Wilderness trails soon are so crowded you pass more folks on the trail than you do on the sidewalk. The trail parking lots are more crowded than the mall parking lot.

Just too many people......

I'm not savvy on southern plains states but in places with sweet hunting, Wyoming first then sodak in terms of conservatives.

jmcd22

WKR
It is probably 3rd on the list of the reasons I'm leaving MN and taking my family to MT this year. First reason is that my wife wants to go there (her sister recently moved to Whitefish), 2nd reason is the incredible hunting opportunities for elk, bear, deer, moose, goats, and sheep (in that order!).

I am a bit concerned about the liberal hipsters getting it into their heads that they want to "live in the country" and continue contaminating these great places with their nonsense. It's already happened in Oregon and Colorado, it's currently happening in MT and I think it's only a matter of time before these people discover ID and WY (if they haven't already). I'm hoping that either A. the hipsters will find some other internet fad to latch onto and will go back to the coasts where they belong, or B. Once they have firsthand experience living around people who understand what it means to be self-sufficient and not rely on the government to do everything for them that they will become more conservative over time. Only time will tell.

ID has already been discovered...Boise is the fastest growing metropolitan area in the country. Home prices are up close to 30% this year alone. Downtown Boise looks like downtown Portland these days. It is sad to see what was once an amazing place be destroyed in less than 10 years...with no signs of slowing down. I can only hope that your assertions are correct and they "figure it out" or move back but I just don't see it. I have had many discussions with people about why they moved here and they always say the same thing..."we are tired of the circus" or "we are tired of the taxes and cost of living" yet they don't change their view points or voting methods. It is sad.

Edit:

Probably should add something hunting related to my rant...I've never hunted MT but I've hunted areas of Idaho that border MT and it can be very good. Just have to watch for grizz and wolves!

If you’re “targeting” Bozeman as a place to work, you could always live in Livingston, MT or somewhere on the fringe. Livingston is about a 30 minute drive, so definitely doable. Good luck!

Jon Boy

WKR
If you’re “targeting” Bozeman as a place to work, you could always live in Livingston, MT or somewhere on the fringe. Livingston is about a 30 minute drive, so definitely doable. Good luck!
I do it every day when I'm on a job in bzn. It's an easy commute and am surprised more people dont. Takes me 18 minutes from my house on the north end of Livingston to the main street exit in Bozeman in good weather. Windier than hell though, keeps a lot of people out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, Livingston is a wind tunnel lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk