Washing Hunting Clothes

What do you guys like to wash your hunting clothes with? Mainly referring to clothing used for whitetail and scent concerns. I have some first lite base layers and some bibs that could use a wash.

OP
H
I would do Grangers merino wool wash for the base layers and Nixwax tech wash for the bibs. Scent control is the wind.
Thank you.

I probably should have been a little more clear when I said scent concerns. I didn't mean something to control scent or eliminate it, I just meant something that wasn't scented like normal laundry detergent.

Byrdman

FNG
I really like issuing dr. bronners baby unscented. I use the liquid for my clothes and the bar in the shower.

Wolfshead

FNG
I use this

IMG_0385.pngand add maybe a little hunting detergent like dead down wind, or scent killer gold.
Using a scent free detergent from the grocery store can add UV brighteners to your hunting clothing.
Some detergents don’t say they have UV brighteners, but unless they say, they don’t have UV brighteners, then they still could.

Anything with a chemical waterproofing agent I wash in just water. Everything else just whatever the missus buys. Scent control is the wind, as mentioned above.

Fireflyfishing

Lil-Rokslider
I wash my stuff like any other piece of clothing. Usually the wife buys tide. I get a whitetail every year. Sometimes two if I draw a doe tag.

barnguy

FNG
Any scent and brightener free detergent will work. I normally buy scentkiller brand. I only buy it because I know it's scent free with no uv brighteners. You can also fine another brand in the more common brands.

I also use the Grangers wool detergent for base layers.

Axlrod

WKR
Anything with a chemical waterproofing agent I wash in just water. Everything else just whatever the missus buys. Scent control is the wind, as mentioned above.
True, but if you are in a tree stand you can't move down wind. I only have 2 stands and they get the same wind.
For tree stand whitetails I use any of the "hunting" scent free detergent. I take a shower w/scent free body wash and change to fresh clothes every trip into my stand.
Everytime I have not followed this procedure, the deer hang up at 80-120 yards, stick their noses in the air, and flee.

Macintosh

WKR
Anything with no uv brighteners or added scent. I do it for my head mainly, regardless of what I wash clothes and myself in, 15 minutes after I shower I just smell like a slightly cleaner human.

OP
H
I was using all free and clear, but when you read the ingredients closely they utilize a fluorescent brightener, not sure if its a recent change or not. I use Charlie's Laundry Powder now for washing my clothes. I feel it leaves clothes softer with no scent.

View attachment 712121
Weird. I had bought some All Free and Clear last week to wash my bed sheets in because my dog has been breaking out. But mine doesn't list the fluorescent brightener

Attachments

• 20240515_190849.jpg
    20240515_190849.jpg
    323.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240515_190838.jpg
    20240515_190838.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240515_190843.jpg
    20240515_190843.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 16