• Pills

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bsnedeker

WKR
I didn't vote because it only lets me pick one. I use different option depending on the situation. Summer and early season I usually use a Sawyer squeeze. Late season I use a Steripen if there's a chance of freezing. I always have tablets with me for backup and sometimes I just use those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agreed. I use a squeeze filter if I know I'll have lots of available water that is easily accessible. I take my Katadyn pump if I'm not familiar with the area or if I'm dealing with small seeps where getting a bagful of water will be difficult. I'm not man enough for a steripen...don't like floaties in my water!

calvb1

FNG
Sawyer is great for the size and weight, even day hikes I just toss it in my pocket.
Always have a few iodine tablets in the 'sh*t hits the fan' pouch, but theyve been in there so long its probably become one big tablet!

Stripen is my go to...I carry a squeeze for back up and for questionable water sources that aren't clear.

CO-AJ

WKR
He pulled water from a beaver pond. Sent it in and got it tested. It had giardia of course. He used different filters and the Steripen. He sent in the filtered water to test and the water treated with the Steripen was the best.

That’s from memory and it was just a little blip on the podcast. Supposedly he has talked about it before.
Interesting. Ill have to look for it.

Another vote for Sawyer squeeze with half gallon bags. It takes up very little room and is light. I've been using it for 6 years and never had it clog but with living in western Montana I filter clear clean water.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

ID_Matt

WKR
I used the sawyer squeeze type for a while and loved that I could fill up a few bags for filtering later but got sick of how slow it was. Tried to backflush but maybe I wasn't doing it right. Now I primarily use a katadyn hiker pro. Worth the extra weight to me for how fast it is. Lately I bring the katadyn and a msr trail shot. Leave the katadyn at the tent and take the trail shot during the day. Trailshot has failed me twice. The end cap broke on 1 occasion and made the filter useless, and another time it completely clogged to where it wouldn't move any water. Watched every video on youtube to try and fix it but ended up just throwing it away.

MThuntr

WKR
Currently using a combination of either of Sawyer filter or Katadyn BeFree.

On solo trips with lots of clean water I've been happy with the smaller BeFree setup. I may have an issue where water is scarce and I can't get the little bag full without getting debris in it.

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
Do you run the mini on your blade? Thought about putting it there on the line.

Not at this time where I'm packing in I don't haul a bladder there's a stream every couple hundred yards it's mainly as a backup, I carry one bottle and the geo press which is a self contained filter and bottle in one and it's the fastest filter I've ever used it'll do a litre in a few seconds so even if I have my 3 litre bladder it takes all of two minutes and I'm rolling again.

tdhanses

WKR
I usually use a sawyer, what’s everyone using when the temps are in the single digits?