Ways to holster your side arm to bag or self during elk hunt

This is what I did, I used the Gunfighters Inc aggression panel with their ronin holster with a closed to keep junk out. Worked great for me using my Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiked multiple 8 mile days with no issues.

gelton

WKR

Coach529

Lil-Rokslider
Gun FIghters Chest harness behind my bino harness. Works great.

i-wtGNCZ3-X3.jpg

I’ve been carrying my G19 in a Razco FHF holster that fits my AGC Bino harness. Just picked up a G40 and a Razco for it as well. I’ve drawn twice when startling bears and it’s super natural and quick. Would recommend 100 percent

This right here. Have my Razco harness on order for my FHF harness to fit my Sig P365XL.

FLAK

WKR
I'd have to go with a thigh rig. I couldnt stand having all those straps from a pack, bino harness AND a gun all wadded up around my chest like that.
And, having a muzzle that near my vitals just aint right.

I carry either a pistol or bear spray during archery season, but leave them at home when I'm carrying a rifle.

I used a Razco chest holster this year that attaches to the bottom of my bino harness on my chest. It works well and your pistol sits in a spot that is very natural and easy to draw. This harness would also keep your pistol out of the way of your rifle if you had it shouldered with a sling. I wouldn't want them smacking each other while hiking if the pistol was sitting on my hip.

Razco is a rokslide sponsor. They are responsive, easy to deal with and offer a discount for rokslide members.

CMF

WKR
Does anyone use a gun with a belt clip like a keltech pf9? I haven't yet, but it's the next cc gun I plan to get. I'm thinking of just using the belt clip on the pack hipbelt and if I take my pack off I can put it straight on my belt.

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone use a gun with a belt clip like a keltech pf9? I haven't yet, but it's the next cc gun I plan to get. I'm thinking of just using the belt clip on the pack hipbelt and if I take my pack off I can put it straight on my belt.

I’d seriously urge you not to do that. Major safety issue because you have no trigger guard. Also, you may lose your gun pretty easy.

I attach my holster to the webbing on my pack belt between the belt and the bag. Can’t even tell it’s there. Now the ultra-light guys would be able to tell with the extra couple pounds it adds I’m sure ;)

wyosam

WKR
Im not a fan of carrying a pistol on my hip belt or attached to my pack bag. In most encounters you have seconds to respond. I think it needs to be always attached to you (especially if you are working on an animal) for that reason I suggest carrying on a chest rig/bino harness or a thigh holster.

This. Carry it where you want while hunting, but you better have a plan for it to be on your person and accessible while field dressing/quartering. You aren’t going to want either your pack or your bino harness on at that point. Assuming bear protection is the reason for carry of course. If you’re not in grizzly country, I wouldn’t carry the weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another vote for the gunfighters inc ronin with their micro aggression panel. Puts my sidearm just below my pack belt. Not so far down that is uncomfortable hiking. This way if I do drop my pack the sidearm is always there. Super happy with this setup. I also cary bear spray below my fhf bino case.

bwlacy

WKR
This year I carried in a CompTac international on my pants belt with a 1 1/2 inch drop piece. I think you can drop it more if needed. Carried fine for 2 weeks archery hunting, was below my Kifaru Duplex belt. You can run with a closed belt attachment or a paddle, adjust the cant to fit your needs. Pretty happy with it over all. I was carrying an XDM 10 5.25.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Hill People Gear chest pack, you can attach a bino holder to it if you like.

Chest holster bellow bino carrier.

Drop leg holster to get it below the rifle in the Gun Bearer. This is on the tacticool side and chest carry would work better in the woods.

sotxks

FNG
I used a slim holster with a clip that tucked nicely on my pack hip strap. Hiked many of miles without trouble.

This is what I bought for my elk hunt in Colorado this year. 7 days of hunting with no issues. It attaches with MOLLE on my waist belt on my Mystery Ranch Metcalf. Cheap, very durable and no worries.

Attachments

• 68851CB4-C581-45EE-865D-AF1DA6C42849.png
    68851CB4-C581-45EE-865D-AF1DA6C42849.png
    602.4 KB · Views: 59

crazyhawksfan

Lil-Rokslider
Only pic I have of it but this is what I use. Not sure on the brand.. Out of the way and stays in place perfectly.
b5af46b4a0da82b8c65b7ac5de88bf7d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk