Webbing source?

WoodBow

WKR
Where are yall buying your webbing from? I like buying off amazon and ebay for sewing items but I'm scared to with webbing because there is so much variation in quality of webbing. I need to touch it. In the past I have bought it from the army surplus store. It is tough as nails but a little stiff for my taste. I'm looking for some like kifaru uses. I don't mine buying in larger quantities if I can get a bargain.

Links appreciated.

Redmech

FNG
I used off eBay the country brook design 1" olive drab green lite weight nylon to make a rifle cover. Not sure how to post pics here I have pics of it on my IG account. r_dugan if you want to check it out. The material is just right.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
Thanks guys.

Redmech, the instagram link doesnt work for me. I dont have instagram if that matters. Ive seen that webbing and was afraid it was really loosely woven like the polypro stuff you can buy at fabric stores. So you are happy with it? I would be using it for packs, bino harnesses, etc.

Redmech

FNG
image.jpg

Here is a pic if it will post right. I think it's perfect for using with nylon buckles. And my household sewing machine sewed it really well. Plenty strong not thin, not thick, and a good tight weave. Worked perfect for as far as I'm concerned. If you have a micrometer they will list its thickness. I just went to some other straps on other gear I had in the house and it was the same. Might give you an idea. But that is about the same 1" strap that most outdoor gear has.

LBFowler

WKR
"strapworks" in Oregon

i hate to rag them, but I was actually pretty unimpressed with strapworks.

I would highly recommend Rockywoods over strapworks, lots of milspec webbing and more "standard" options. You can always find a better deal if you buy a whole roll on eBay but it's easier to find what you want at rockywoods, and lower risk too. Samples are pretty cheap to boot.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
I went with ebay from a company called tape craft. I got a 100 yard roll of made in USA 1" nylon coyote webbing for $35 to my door. I will report on quality when it arrives but it looked like just what i was looking for.

LBFowler

WKR
30-40cents/yd seems to be the best best price you can commonly find on ebay, so I'd say you got a good deal. only problem I've ever had is occasionally someone will list binding tape as webbing.

OP
WoodBow

WoodBow

WKR
I got the webbing in today and I am happy with it. The quality is good and it sews well. Yall will see it in some upcoming projects.

For reference, the ebay seller was theshelbymall. The product item name was 1" desert tan nylon webbing strapping 100 yard roll. It was $34.99 to my door.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a roll directly from country brook design last year. Good quality, good price. I found three options in their clearance or sale area. The one I ended up choosing is USA made and appears to exactly match the foliage webbing on my T1 and other Kifaru accessories.