Well, I booked it. Alaska 2021

mooster

WKR
I was shocked at almost needing a bag just for neck meat. Holy cow the critters are big. we were in a bone in unit too, so our filled bags were large & heavy.

AKDoc

WKR
We always take our quarters out whole on the bone. Once the skinned-out quarter is in the bag at the kill site, we separate it at the knee joint by cutting tendons and connective tissue with a knife and popping it apart with lateral and/or reverse direction pressure, and then tie-off the bag for transport to the meat pole at camp that we constructed.

ReinsuranceShooter

Lil-Rokslider
Seeing the pic above… had me questioning whether my concern about 3 checked bags is an issue flying into bethel - Alaska air says 2 checked and any beyond will go space permitting. Anyone have an issue with that? Alaska rep said it should not be an issue but they will ask at the gate which bag should be standby if there is room issues.

Seeing the pic above… had me questioning whether my concern about 3 checked bags is an issue flying into bethel - Alaska air says 2 checked and any beyond will go space permitting. Anyone have an issue with that? Alaska rep said it should not be an issue but they will ask at the gate which bag should be standby if there is room issues.
Never had a problem in the last few years since they put that in place. Looking like most jets to BET have been hardly half full of people. But it only takes one big cargo day to bump your 3rd bag and I don’t work there so it’s all at your own risk. I’ve gone as far as checking a firearm in each of my bags to make sure they all fly.

OP
Gunnersdad49
Update as of this evening, Fred Meyers is out of caribou locking tags and isobutane canisters for the Jetboil type stoves. They have the green propane though.

Sportsman’s has isobutane but no caribou tags.

Walmart has caribou tags but no fuel of either type.

VernAK

WKR
As of yesterday, Granite View Sports in Delta had locking tags and fuel canisters. ADFG Tok had locking tags.

I'm driving to Tok today to deliver gear and groceries to friends flying in to moose camp. I won't be going along as I'm still hampered by last years injury......NEXT YEAR........i'll be out there.

I've been watching a 45" bull every morning.......his antlers are velvet free but no rut indications yet. Our spring came late and everything else seems late. Trees are holding leaves longer than usual. Will the rut be a little later this year?

Good luck to all of you. There's not many more hunting thrills than calling a 60"+ bull in close. Real close!