Western hunter TV show Broadheads ?

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been watching the episodes and they’re using a really neat looking fixed 3 blade that is real long and double angles on it. Anyone know what they are?

OP
B

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
That’s what I thought at first but they look different.

OP
B

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I just re watched the episode and it is the Valkyrie Broadhead. They look vicious.

Firehawk

WKR
I will be using them this year. Unfortunately, my elk tag fell through, but we will see how they do on a muley buck and hopefully a cow elk.

Zac

WKR
I just re watched the episode and it is the Valkyrie Broadhead. They look vicious.
If your considering this setup you need to call Brent from Valkyrie. There isn't spine charts available for his system, and if you want to go full blown Valkyrie you need to use specific shafts and components. Definitely don't attempt to do any of it on your own unless you just want to screw in a Blood Eagle of comparable weight to the head your already running.

OP
B

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
I was considering them until I seen the weight. If I hunt elk I’d certainly be buying the full set up from them.

Zac

WKR
I was considering them until I seen the weight. If I hunt elk I’d certainly be buying the full set up from them.
They aren't any heavier than any other setup, they only distribute the weight differently.

OP
B

bgbuck153

Lil-Rokslider
So my 400 grain current setup wouldn’t change if I add another 50 grain to the head?

Firehawk

WKR
Likely you will need to change the spine of your current arrow to a stiffer spine. Maybe not. The Valkyrie uses a centerpin technology that requires you use a collar. If you use the blood eagle broadhead, it will screw into a regular insert. Again, make sure the spine of your arrow can handle the extra weight in the front.

I am shooting a Victory VAP 350 spine arrow cut at 26.875" carbon to carbon, a 180 grain head and an aluminum sleeve which weighs about 20 grains. My draw is 27.5-28" (depending on which bow) and I am shooting 72#s. Flying right at 275 fps. Can't wait to see how they perform on animals.

Reactions: Zac