Western mountaineering badger MF

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m looking at a new sleeping bag, at first I was looking at stone glaciers bags but now I’m leaning towards a western mountaineering bag.

I’m the badger MF seems like the ticket, they make it long and even extra long (I’m 6’4) and it’s a wider model so hopefully I could move around a bit in it.

Does anybody have the badger or another western mountaineering bag that might suit me well???

Thanks!!!

diyhntr

FNG
I have the Caribou. I am a slide sleeper (fetal position) and this bag has enough leg room for me. I’m 6’1” and basically all legs. Made in the USA and very light weight. You can’t go wrong with WM.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Badger is a great all around bag and very roomy if you need it.

I dont know if I "need" it but it seems like I can get the roominess while still having a fairly light bag for sheep hunting.

skierhs

WKR
They make amazing bags, I have one showing up today actually (antelope). Ive heard and seen many great experinces with WM bags. I like a little tighter bag so i dont have more space to fill when its cold out. It's not a issue but just a preferance. WM is a top tier bag that you'll be happy with. If you can try out the sizing it may give you a better idea of what the sizing feels like.

They are nice for sure if you want a lot of space and better durability/water protection of the MF shell. You could save 6 or 7 ounces by going alpinlite or Versalite too, neither of which are the tighter mummy cut.

I have a badger and a terralite.
Had a sequoia and kodiak and sold them. Wish I did not sell the sequoia. Will be buying another one soon.

Ten Bears

WKR
Interested in one of these as well. When it comes to length I have a question. I am a tad over 6ft, with the WM bags should I go up to the 6'6 bags or stick with the 6'0 bag ? Wish they offered a 6'3 version.

skierhs

WKR
I think you could maybe make the 6ft bag work but to be on the safe side i would sugest going tith the 6'6 bag. If you can find one near you would be ideal or order both and return one (which is not a cheap option to start off with).

sneaky

"DADDY"
They are nice for sure if you want a lot of space and better durability/water protection of the MF shell. You could save 6 or 7 ounces by going alpinlite or Versalite too, neither of which are the tighter mummy cut.
The Versalite is pretty slim. A little too slim for my taste, but a great bag. Im lucky in that I can check out all the bags here locally. Right now the only WM bag I have is the Kodiak in the 6'6" length. My next one will be either a Megalite or a Terralite, maybe a Summerlite.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rbljack

WKR
I have the badger as well...really like it. IM not a fan of mummy bags, but can tolerate the badger because it runs bigger than a regular mummy.

Camber__

FNG
For those of you that have the Badger, would you say it's comfortable at it's 15degree rating? Or are you chilly and need a puffy, etc to make it at that temp.

For those of you that have the Badger, would you say it's comfortable at it's 15degree rating? Or are you chilly and need a puffy, etc to make it at that temp.
A lot goes into answering that question as far as ones metabolism, pad, etc. It typically is in the 30's when I am using my Badger with a Exped Synmat UL7. I'll sleep in a T-shirt and undershorts with no socks. It did get down into the teens on an elk hunt where I slept in long base layers along with socks and remained quite comfortable. I get chilly easy so prefer a little extra warmth. The Badger has fit the bill for me and prefer the roominess it offers for a mummy.