Western MT Winter Conditions?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Snotel maps are your friend this time of year

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
just over the border from SW MT (so bottom of W. MT), and we've had a decent winter for animal health. March has yet to finish up but more water wouldn't hurt. I'd be surprised if our adult animals had much of a struggle at all

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
just over the border from SW MT (so bottom of W. MT), and we've had a decent winter for animal health. March has yet to finish up but more water wouldn't hurt. I'd be surprised if our adult animals had much of a struggle at all
That is good to hear. I know the deer can use a break.

jimh406

WKR
MT is pretty large, so Western MT covers a lot of different weather. People can probably you give you more specifics if you are more specific in the area that you are interested in.

My area still is dealing with the fallout of the second year of drought, and the snow fall is near normal with slightly warmer temperatures compared to last winter.

Tradchef

WKR
Been warm down here in willow creek. Super dry and little snow. Even in the hills I feel is lower than normal. Animals look great. Hopefully we get some spring snows to help out for summer fires this year

OP
Afhunter1

Afhunter1

WKR
MT is pretty large, so Western MT covers a lot of different weather. People can probably you give you more specifics if you are more specific in the area that you are interested in.

My area still is dealing with the fallout of the second year of drought, and the snow fall is near normal with slightly warmer temperatures compared to last winter.

It's been 10 years since I hunted MT for Elk. I know I'd like to be in "Western MT" somewhere but have no real clue where yet. I killed a 5X5 NW of Dillon on my last trip and a buddy that went with me killed a 6X6 south of Dillon a ways. I will have a truck and about 10 days so I could cover some ground. I have been told that my old hunting grounds aren't what they used to be so I will probably give them each a day and move if necessary. I was trying to see if I could clue in on a area but it seems pretty normal or drought all over "Western MT" so the weather isn't helping my decisions any. I hope 2 pts gets me a gen tag this year or I'll be off to CO and be back to MT next year I guess. I'm a trad bow hunter and will put my tag on first cow/bull that walks up. Ha Ha

Peaks&Creeks

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in SW MT, been a mild winter for sure. Getting some descent snow today, but looks like it’s warming up again later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk