What are your thoughts on the Kung Flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastMT

WKR
Weird, bringing politics into a virus discussion turns into a dumpster fire. I wonder if that’s why the Mods say no politics? Hmmmm.

Trial153

WKR
Can't remember if its been covered or not..I get why they don't want large gatherings like sporting events, concerts, etc.. but I can't get my hair cut or other "non-essential" things, but I go to the grocery store today and it looked like any other Saturday. The business next door has to be closed because 20 people come in and out of there each day, but there were 100s of people in the grocery store.

Am I the only one that's wondering how much worse it would be without the current precautions? We're doubling cases every so many days, more people dying each day.. not saying the current recommendations are wrong, just generally curious how much we're flattening the curve vs what it would be like with no precautions.
This is a very valid question. My thoughts are that its too big a risk on larger scale to not try. At least that is what gathered from listening to infectious disease experts.
In any event watch Brazil over the next 45 days. As of now their president isnt implementing any restrictions. It will be a good comparison. Who really knows at this point.

"No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”
Sigh. That's old news. YOU should have predicted in January that we need to shutdown everything and make more masks and ventilators and hospitals and doctors and nurses AND toilet paper, of course!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MattB

WKR
This is a very valid question. My thoughts are that its too big a risk on larger scale to not try. At least that is what gathered from listening to infectious disease experts.
In any event watch Brazil over the next 45 days. As of now their president isnt implementing any restrictions. It will be a good comparison. Who really knows at this point.

Here locally they are only allowing 15 people at a time in many stores, long lines w social distancing.

Trial153

WKR
Sigh. That's old news. YOU should have predicted in January that we need to shutdown everything and make more masks and ventilators and hospitals and doctors and nurses AND toilet paper, of course!

Show me where i been dismissive of this, go head i will wait.

Trial153

WKR
You just dislike POTUS..... :love:
Marty you know me better then that.
I been somewhat indifferent to the POTUS since my vote for him , and for most part i agreed with what he did but not how he did it.

In this situation he has been horrible. From the very start of we needed clear, concise and consistent leadership. And that not what we received.

Show me where i been dismissive of this, go head i will wait.
The point I was trying to make is that YOU didn't know it was gonna be this bad. Nobody did. You sound like the media. Take everything Trump says and put dialogue around it to make it sound like Trump doesn't know a nickel and is doing everything opposite of what the drs say and then repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.....old, fake news.

MattB

WKR

If only our president had.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I am glad he closed down the incoming traffic as he did.....now he should quarantine the hot zones, JMO.

I think he still has hope of avoiding the economic tsunami but it is coming no matter what....

Could see the 1930's again. Well, the people were harder/heartier back then so it will be way worse.....

MattB

WKR
I would imagine it is a little weird there right now.....hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks but not really on the weird front if you take things in stride. Doing our parts by working from home. There is ittle traffic except if you want to hike in which case there are more people on the local trails than I have every seen.

We grocery shop every week and are ordering take out or delivery from our favorite restaurants for dinner 3-4 times a week to keep some people we like employed.

Life is different, but other than working in banking and watching the impacts this is having to our client's businesses and the economy in general, not bad really.

Gyms are closed though.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
Sounds promising, Matt. I hope it does not get crazy. I think that the people around here do not know what to make of things.....my county is around 100,000 and 30 miles west of KCK. Cops are not really out and about.....just a very weird vibe.. I am not sure how this ends. Hopefully things stay civilized. Hiking daily and have only seen one other person on the trails...

MattB

WKR
Sounds promising, Matt. I hope it does not get crazy. I think that the people around here do not know what to make of things.....my county is around 100,000 and 30 miles west of KCK. Cops are not really out and about.....just a very weird vibe.. I am not sure how this ends. Hopefully things stay civilized. Hiking daily and have only seen one other person on the trails...

Definately weird here, but thus far pretty civil. I live in a city of 1.0M+ people, and the bay area has ~7.8M people.

I had to "create" parking at our local trail today, probably saw 30 people all told on a trail where I usually see ~10 even in good weather (it was drizzly today). Out local people are driven to get out into nature.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I think most people around here walk/hike on hard surfaced sidewalks/trails/bike paths in town. Really very few folks on hiking trails and we have a good/extensive selection of dirt hiking trails. The majority of people I see on trails are trail runners. Very few people hiking at all and fewer with any type of backpack.

until you shut everything down for 3 weeks nationwide italy style it's not going to get better. the whole this county is open, or this state is open, but this county/state is on lockdown will just prolong this mess and will mean more missed monthly bills and take longer for people to get their lives back in order. maui has been hit extra hard, my wife went from 40 hrs a week at a resort to zero and she's 8 months pregnant. luckily she;s saved a bunch and i'm not in hospitality and still getting paid but it's bad for a lot of ppl around here. i'm kind of glad she won't be exposed to anymore tourists though, but it's crossed my mind that I might not even be let in the hospital to get to see my son born. fortunately our governor finally got it together and said if you are going to fly here you are going to be on quarantine for 14 days. most of the cases have been travel related, either tourists coming in or local ppl returning from trips so hopefully thats stalled a lot of outbreaks on our island but oahu is a little sketchy. but we won't see any tourists until the rest of the country gets it chit together so that's why i wish we'd just shut it down and get it over with. scary times
90280677_10215312375858152_2368611864595660800_n.jpg

Last edited:

eamyrick

WKR
Positive: Painted the fence with my 6 year old. This whole deal is a reminder to teach my boys to be more self reliant. I’m also down almost 7lbs and have been doing cardio consistently knowing getting sick is coming and want to be in the best spot possible.

For first responder related issues my experience has been that results aren’t coming back back quickly. Had guys exposed Monday night with no results yet (Sunday). Overall I think the quarantine is decreasing human contact by 90% from prior daily life. (Central Texas) People will always break rules but I compare it to the EPA. Some dude is always going to pour oil down the street drain but generally it’s safe to swim in your local stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.