What carbon Tikka stock to get

cmahoney

WKR
This is a tough decision for my 6.5 creed light Tikka. I’m looking for opinions with weight being a priority since this is my backpack hunting rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
AG Composites has some tikka offerings due out in August, you might want to inquire with them. I know they have 2 or 3 models coming out with various grip styles,design & weight.

No experience with them, but might a good option.https://www.southfortlabs.com/stocks

Seems like a nice option but expensive when bought direct! Stocky's used to label these as their own and they were more economical. I've seen a handful of frequent rokslide posters with these. RFurman had one on a creedmoor, Ryan/Tanya have one on their PRC, Luke Moffat on a 300 WSM.

Mike is building me a SAUM with one, i haven't handled it yet so can't comment but maybe he can.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
If your goal is to shed ounces, it sounds like wildcat composites is one of your best bets. The stocks weigh about 21oz when finished with a recoil pad. They are also the cheapest upfront, but might end up costing you the same, if taken to a smith for bedding/paint/bondo.

PSE Composites makes a nice looking stock that comes out to 24oz
AG Composites lighter stocks like the privateer, and mesa precision also weigh 24oz
Southfort labs stocks also round to ~24oz with a pad

Although the PSE stock is the most expensive, the grip and comb look the most ergonomic to me.

cowboy300

WKR
I’m really liking it so far. I can’t say much on specs but it’s a really nice stock option for tikkas. Very comfortable to shoot and a great all around stock