what could he score?

i no its hard to tell in velvet. i just have no good judgement on scoring... just looking for a ballpark from the more experienced.

PICT0449_H_202108051626SM77V.jpgPICT0450_H_2021080516269d6WD.jpg

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Can always be easy to be fooled by photos but I’d guess 150ish plus or minus if being generous. My actual estimate is low 140s. Better get him and let us know 😊

Last edited:
Could easily be off, good tine length, a bit narrow, hopefully some good mass under that velvet, if I was a betting man I’d say 140 +/- a few.

OP
F
hes got like another 3 weeks to grow, not sure how much more he could possibly put on in 3 weeks

jedi

FNG
i came up with 130ish. beams-20, g1- 3"avg, g2-9", g3-8", g4-4", spread-15", mass-30". get him on the ground and let us know what he finished at! good luck

Last edited:

Fordguy

WKR
What part of the country are you in? Deer head size and ear tip to ear tip measurements can vary a bit- makes guessing measurements tricky sometimes. My first okie deer looked like a monster, and if his head, body and antlers were all Michigan deer sized and proportioned he would have been. Lol. My guess is around 130, but if its from an area with cold winters and good crop production you could probably add 10 inches to that. Good luck and keep us posted!

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
I'm coming up with somewhere in the 120s. He's not wider than his ears and the camera angle of the first picture always makes deer appear bigger than they are. That being said, he's got beautiful symmetry and I would be more than happy to take him if I saw him. Good luck and report back if you get him!

Look at the post on my biggest deer, I would wager this deer is about 2 1/2 years old it would be a hard push too make 110 to 120 velvet is a hard time too judge a deer.

fasteddie

FNG
the consensus is pretty good. He IS a 10pt which in my experience is always at least 125+. But he is narrow. Also, the average deer's ear is 6 1/2" long, and his G2s aren't much longer than that. So with 5-7" tines, I would say 130-135. Where I live, I might shoot him with a bow, but not a rifle. Nice deer, good luck.

OP
F
i passed on him last year, i thought his rack looked good but his body looked small.. he def put on a couple inches this year and looks a little bigger.. he will bulk up a lot come the rut, and ill see how he looks if i get the opportunity if he walks out in front of me .

Well if you seen him last year thats one year ago prior too that places him at another year as a yearling and perhaps a half. I look at his head no roman nose, narrow fore head, also not heavy in the rump and shoulders, notice his belly, the older bruisers will have pot belly look, this is a very nice young deer that has potential too be a really nice buck in about two more years. Yes a ten point but that velvet can fool ya every time. Would I shoot him maybe the last day of the season if I havent filled my tag bye then. 120 Max.