140 inch 8 point?

I know it takes a good 8 point to score 140 or better, but just for the sakes of gross score, was curious if you think this 8 will gross 140 or better?

Had to get him to the processor so really didn't have time, I do have some 130 inch plus 8 points, but no 8 points grossing over 140, Was just curious if you think he will gross over 140, as with net I realize there will be reductions. Had some pretty good mass and good tines, but only 18 inside. Thanks

Attachments

• 11-6 Buck1.jpg
    11-6 Buck1.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 543

Wrench

WKR
I come from a land where we call that a 3 point....what I see is a heavy 127" mature whitetail buck that you should be proud of.

It is hard to gauge tine length without a known measurement....and your spread measurement makes it impossible to gauge due to position.

Regardless of numbers, nice buck and nets are for fish.

OP
L
I know it's hard to tell from not so good pics, but just going on my last buck that grossed 132, this one is definitely bigger than 127 or 132 gross. Here's another pic, but still not the best, Thanks

Attachments

• 11-6 Buck 3.jpg
    11-6 Buck 3.jpg
    314.8 KB · Views: 410
Nice deer, congrats! Not to burst your bubble but from the sole pic. you posted the deer looks to be in the range of 120"-125" at best. I have a super wide 4 X 4 whitetail on my wall with an inside spread of 20" and average length tines that only grossed 132". A 140" 8 point whitetail is a giant in my book. To score that high you need excellent main beam length/inside spread plus exceptional tine length. That's the reason why you rarely see an 8 that makes the Booner club. You need more bone on the headgear to score high.

Reactions: OMB
OP
L
Nice deer, congrats! Not to burst your bubble but from the sole pic. you posted the deer looks to be in the range of 120"-125" at best. I have a super wide 4 X 4 whitetail on my wall with an inside spread of 20" and average length tines that only grossed 132". A 140" 8 point whitetail is a giant in my book. To score that high you need excellent main beam length/inside spread plus exceptional tine length. That's the reason why you rarely see an 8 that makes the Booner club. You need more bone on the headgear to score high.

You're not bursting my bubble, was just looking for opinions, I'm happy regardless of what it scores coming off PA Gamelands. But did you read my #4 post?

You're not bursting my bubble, was just looking for opinions, I'm happy regardless of what it scores coming off PA Gamelands. But did you read my #4 post?
Reviewed your second pic.. I'd say 125". Very nice deer. I wouldn't get too hung up on a number. If you are happy with the deer you shot who cares what everyone thinks. Off PA game lands I would shoot that deer, too.

OP
L
I’d bet he sniffs 135-140 but again hard to tell from pics.
That's my guess, just going on other deer I have. And just so others don't take this the wrong way, I honestly do not care what it scores, if I did, I would have measured it regardless the fact it was warm and pressed for time.

The fact is the guy who helped me put it in my truck said it looked over 140, and I said it would be close to grossing 140 but not over. So basically, this is why I was curious, as I'll have to wait to I get it back to truly know, Thanks

Wrench

WKR
My buddy's bull is a prime example of how numbers should not be the end all of pride.

this bull doesn't score nearly what it deserves.....but is a stud regardless.
clockumbull(1).jpg

I’d say he’ll be close. I have an 8 that hit 146” with a broke G-3. Also one of his brow tines was only like an inch an half. Had 6” bases and kept his mass. 13” G-2’s.

fatlander

WKR
I have personally handled 4 different 8s that have gone over 140, two of which over 150, and one of them was knocking on the door of 160. I think this one is in low to mid 130s. An eight needs exceptional everything to get there: beam length, tine length, spread, and mass. The 8 you posted has 2 of the 4. Heck of a buck. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t get too caught up on spread. An 18” inside spread where I hunt would be exceptionally wide.