140 inch 8 point?

OP
L
Put a tape to him! Lots of youtube vids on how to score. It's as easy as tying your shoes.
Then you won't have to get on here to ask people the impossible... to score your buck from a photo.

Unless, of course, you just want to show him off.😁👍
You apparently didn't read the whole thread? I already explained it was warm and more concerned with the meat than a score and it is now at the processor.

Again, the only reason I asked, was because a guy who helped put it in the truck said it was definitely in the 140's which I disagreed with him and I said it would be lucky to gross 140. Again, I don't care if it scores 125, but know it's more than that, but just posted as to be curious with those that know 140 8 points, because I truly will not know until I get it back to measure it.

Broomd

WKR
Yep, say this because wife kil't a 4x in 2010 that is 130+ but decently wide. Yours has better tines...right at a buck-forty.

manitou1

WKR
You apparently didn't read the whole thread? I already explained it was warm and more concerned with the meat than a score and it is now at the processor.

Again, the only reason I asked, was because a guy who helped put it in the truck said it was definitely in the 140's which I disagreed with him and I said it would be lucky to gross 140. Again, I don't care if it scores 125, but know it's more than that, but just posted as to be curious with those that know 140 8 points, because I truly will not know until I get it back to measure it.
Yeah, regardless, he is a beauty.
I am an official scorer and can say that it is nearly impossible to be accurate from photos.
I can take pictures of the same buck, depending on perspective... angle and he can look like a 130" buck or a 150" buck.
Cameras can and will fool us.

I hope he turns out to be 145" for ya!
Congrats.

Dmoua

Lil-Rokslider
Low to mid 130’s.

I shot this mountain buck in 2021. Grossed at 136 and some change.

Attachments

• IMG_1402.jpeg
    IMG_1402.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 95
Side profile looks good but those beams appear a little short. Definitely mid 130's though.

OP
L
Been a few days. When do you pick this guy up from the processor and get to put a tape to him?

Yes, did pick him up a couple days ago, but just now getting around to posting.

I'm no official scorer but feel it's safe to say he's right around 140 gross, as I came up with 141 6/8, Thanks to all, now I now know personally what a 140 inch 8 point looks like.

Long Cut

WKR
Taped this guy right at 126” as a 9pt with 19 5/8 width, with decent mass & G2’s to carry him along.

I’d say your buck grosses low 140’s or high 130’s. Put a tape to him and let us know.

IMG_3365.jpeg

Venatic

FNG
That's an absolute world-class 8 right there. I don't care what he scores...they don't get much bigger, regardless of the number of points or inches from any scoring system. Congrats!
I have asked B&C where he ranks as far as clean 8 points go and they said they didnt keep rankings by # of points but said their guess top 5 of all time.
I plan to get the next book and see if I can research that.
I rattled him up here in Texas..
shot him at about 30 yds.

Lytro

WKR
Hard to tell without a pic showing actual width, but he looks to be in the low 130's to me. His shorter mainbeams will be what hurts his gross the most. I have a 9 that grossed 153". He's a bit heavier throughout, taller brows, and much longer mainbeams (over 24" each side) than the buck you posted. Either way, it's a great buck that you should be happy about.

Edit: Got ahead of myself and just saw that you taped him. Awesome! What was his inside spread and beam length?

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a replica of the world record 8 shot in SW MN. Poached actually as he had already used his tag. Wow, is all I can say!

I have a 150" gross 4X5 that has a 2" 9th point. He is about a148" as an 8. 13" G2s and 10" G3s help build points fast. To me, you cannot get to 140" without good tine length unless you have some other absurd measurement. Mass is a close second, but without tine length it is extremely tough to get to 140.

I have a 3X3 on camera that should go about 110ish. That is a rare bird for our area.