What do you use for protein and supplements?

malpal21

FNG
I've been rotating between Jocko and Mtn Ops proteins. What does everyone else use?
I've tried greens and I like Jockos but its pricey. I've been looking for a good quality reds.

Last edited:

D S 319

WKR
Molk or another clean protein without added poison, creatine, krill/fish oil, and a well balanced diet as often as possible.

ianpadron

WKR
Ascent protein from Costco.

Makes no sense to go all-in on a clean diet and then take supplements full of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, etc.

Back in the day I'd order 100% pure whey isolate in bulk from the dairy I grew up next to in Wisconsin, unflavored... that stuff was da bomb!

That and a high quality multi...all a guy "needs"

Antarctic Krill Oil, Supergreens powder mix, collagen protein, and clean, whole, nutrient dense foods.

I like the MTN OPS stuff (at 30% off)... and whatever protein powder is on sale. Yea... I'm cheap.

I have tried a bunch of different stuff. I feel like any reputable company that has a decent creatine, protein, pre-workout, and recovery product will probably help.... in addition to a good diet and exercise routine.

I also take a Men's multivitamin.

Last edited:

*zap*

WKR
I like the MTN OPS stuff (at 30% off)... and whatever protein powder is on sale. Yea... I'm cheap.

I have tried a bunch of different stuff. I feel like any reputable company that has a decent creatine, protein, pre-workout, and recovery product will probably help.... in addition to a good diet and exercise routine.
before workout-D3, turmeric, tag, L carnitine tartrate and L arginine.

before sleep-L-tryptophan, melatonin and gaba.

once a day-fish oil, D3, iron, calm, creatine, apple cider vinegar and animal pak powder.

no protein powder or pre workout.

TheHammer

WKR
1st phorm………. I use mtn ops ignite and vitamins then typically mtn ops go 1st phorm protein bar as breakfast.

OP
M

malpal21

FNG
Molk or another clean protein without added poison, creatine, krill/fish oil, and a well balanced diet as often as possible.
Occasionally Amazon has Molk for a really good price. I stocked up on prime day.

Physical performance side: Molk (Jocko Fuel), creatine (monohydrate, Double Wood Supplements), beta alanine (Double wood)

General health: multi vitamin (whatever is cheap and seems to have a decent ratio), D3 (Jocko fuel), fish oil and krill oil (Viva Naturals, 3rd party verified to have negligent heavy metals and oxidation), iron (whatever is cheap)

Beta Alanine was kind of a surprise to me recently. I just started taking it about a month ago, and have found that in jiu jitsu class, I don't seem to get nearly as tired on the later rolls. I didn't change anything with workouts or diet, just added the beta alanine, so I'm attributing most of that increased endurance to the supplement.

Another note, I found that Double Wood supplements generally seem to have very good prices compared to other brands, and they also have 3rd party purity and accuracy testing done for a lot (if not most) of the things they sell. Most of their stuff is available on Amazon, but when the price is the same I generally try to order from their website.

LoggerDan

WKR
I no longer use powders. I just switched my diet. Meat, meat and more meat. Moose, salmon, shrimp, bear and deer. I aim for 225-250 grams of protein a day. I don’t work out on a strict schedule either, maybe three lift sessions a week. The rest is spent running up and down mountains packing haywire, blocks and chainsaws.
I feel a huge difference. And there’s nothing worse than the smell of a bottle that’s been used for a shake at the end of a long day.

I no longer use powders. I just switched my diet. Meat, meat and more meat. Moose, salmon, shrimp, bear and deer. I aim for 225-250 grams of protein a day. I don’t work out on a strict schedule either, maybe three lift sessions a week. The rest is spent running up and down mountains packing haywire, blocks and chainsaws.
I feel a huge difference. And there’s nothing worse than the smell of a bottle that’s been used for a shake at the end of a long day.
There probably aren't many hardcore workouts that equal what you do for a living!

LoggerDan

WKR
@Customweld

maybe! But I’ve had a small layer of flab on my belly my whole life! I’m not ripped or anything, and I’m getting older, but by God, I can smoke some of these young guys like a twenty dollar joint! But you are right about one thing: after logging all week, hunting and packing weight is super easy. A 17 inch young block weighs 94 pounds, a coil of haywire is 80. No pack used. Just your balance, momentum, muscle and grit.

Lotta dudes can run faster or bench more than me easily, but I’ll win when it comes to endurance.

I've been using mt ops vanilla ammo and strawberry
/banana yeti with milk or water for years. I tried jocko molk vanilla last month and actually prefer the taste and texture over ammo. It also mixes better.