What do you use for protein and supplements?

Tried a bunch that are mentioned here. Currently on Thorne chocolate.

I build my own supplements for vitamins and joint care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

before sleep-L-tryptophan, melatonin and gaba.
Dang, every day? You're going hard in the paint!

I too don't use pre-workouts or protein powders. Supplements are Vitamin C, D, Zinc, fish oil. Eat lots of protein and fat at meals. 95% of my food intake every day is is fruit, meat, eggs, oatmeal, cheese, yogurt, nuts.

WhiskeyDoc

Lil-Rokslider
NF Sports Nutriwhey Belgian Chocolate is good. And good price through Expert Voice

Sapcut

WKR
I like to eat real food with real essential amino acids that have never been in a lab, highly processed into a powder and bottled. Not good and morel likely to hae added chemicals. Not to mention, the smaller the particle size the more it will raise insulin levels, which lessens fat burning.

Real food as in venison, beef, wild pig, duck eggs, sardines, etc. Lots of good EPA and DHA omega fats from animals…. not ALA omegas from nuts.

There is a reason the supplement market is a billion-dollar industry and every dog in the world is humping a fire hydrant to be a part of it. NONE OF IT IS REGULATED. So, slap a label on it, make all the claims you want, and insure you have a catchy name and a great label/marketing scheme and then you can charge whatever you want. and it will sell.

Sure, there are benefits to some of the supplements, I won't discredit that, but not all of them. And many are all the same and have very little to offer other than a placebo effect. So, pick the best tasting, less flatulence causing one and get swole!

........ having said all of that, 😁 I do take Krill Oil, Vit D, Magnesium, and a daily fiber supplement. If taking a protein powder, I prefer Built With Science or Transparent Labs whey protein. But I prefer to get the majority of my protein from meats, eggs, yogurt etc. I quit taking Pre-Workout years ago as I have never found them to have any added benefit for me. I do use LMNT hydration packets for electrolyte replacement.

It's amazing how much marketing b.s. convinces us we need stuff that we really don't. Most of all of this stuff isn't about health and what's best for your body, it's about making money................ but many can't see that.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
Try myprotein. Super clean and tastes great. Catch them on a sale and you can get 11lbs for the price of 5 sometimes.

Great sales.

ROKnROAL

FNG
Allmax Iso-Flex cause it has zero carbs and the chocolate peanut butter is ******* delicious

Nutribolic Carnibolic for preworkout/fat burn/muscle recovery. It’s also low stim which is great

Test boost every second month, usually Iron Kingdom

Fish oil pills

Multivitamins

96Griz

FNG
I just try to eat a lot of animal protein, good fruits and vegetables, lots of water and getting enough sleep. Don’t really need anything else imo.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's new to market but three year's field proven. I consume 2-3 packets per day and take 16-oz of any other field food per day (10-day food kit weighs 10-lbs). Usually lose 3-4 lbs body fat but maintain 100% of lean muscle mass. Helped me cut 50% of previous food kit weight and bulk.

I no longer use powders. I just switched my diet. Meat, meat and more meat. Moose, salmon, shrimp, bear and deer. I aim for 225-250 grams of protein a day. I don’t work out on a strict schedule either, maybe three lift sessions a week. The rest is spent running up and down mountains packing haywire, blocks and chainsaws.
I feel a huge difference. And there’s nothing worse than the smell of a bottle that’s been used for a shake at the end of a long day.
I’ve done similar. After years of using whey, I’ve found it messes my guts up something fierce. It doesn’t matter if it’s high brow organic sweetener free, isolate, casein, or whatever, my stomach can’t handle it. I’ve been trying to get my protein from real food but will still occasionally do some egg white powder to supplement the food.