What gear was a pleasant surprise?

RichP

Lil-Rokslider
Cabelas neoprene zipper front chest waders. When I'm out on the water duck hunting I like to drink lords of coffee. Being able to just unzip my waders to pee is so much better than stripping off clothes in nasty weather.

My water filtration system I designed worked 100% like I thought it would. I had 5 gallons of fresh water at all times. And we drank a lot of water.

For 50$ invested, I was very happy with my design.

GLB

WKR
Duluth Trading Company Dry on the Fly Flex Pants. Lightweight and very comfortable. I bought them as a back pants for a 12 day moose hunt. I wore them the whole time and my Sitka pants became my pillow.

fatlander

WKR
Never understood why people don’t just cut the top of the pouch off?

Easier clean up and less chance of making a mess in grizzly country comes to mind. Those StS sporks are legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
Binos on a tripod. Finally gave it a shot and its awesome. Also its nice already having the tripod set up to switch over to a spotter if needed.

Custom hunting knife. Had one custom forged by someone local to me, processed an entire deer last season and it would still shave hair off my arm. I thought there was no way spending that much on a knife would be worth it, but I definitely think it is.

Battery powered LED Glowsticks. Super useful especially in wooded areas. Hung one on a branch above my deer and provided a lot more light than I expected. Also hung another on the woods edge so my buddy knew where to pick me up in the truck.

Kuiu glassing pad. When I got it I thought it was way too thin to do much, but it was great to use coyote calling doing 30-40 minutes sits on rock solid frozen ground.

mlgc20

WKR
Alaska Guide Creations Front Pack - I got the Alaska Classic with the MAX pocket. I had never had a front pack before. So, I wasn't sure it would be comfortable or useful. But, now I can't remember how I hunted without it. Having your essentials (Binos, rangefinder, calls, phone, Snickers bar, etc) right in front of you is very convenient. And the quality of the AGC pack is excellent.

hoyt-guy

Lil-Rokslider
My new swaro SLC 10x42 binos. They have been a game changer for me so far this fall. I could've saved a lot of money if I had just bit the bullet, ponied up for the swaro's from the start. Instead I went through multiple mid range binos only to be left unsatisfied with their performance. My swaro's are worth their weight in gold! Clear & crisp, as well as excellent low light clarity.

camecolb

FNG
FHG Gear Binocular Harness. The best out here bar none.

Mountain Biking Gloves make for great lightweight archery gloves that allow for plenty of dexterity.

Asolo Fugitive GTX Boots. Amazing boot for early to mid season.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one of those weatherproof 15 cu. ft. Bags you see on top of SUVs for the side by side this year. It freed up so much space just throwing all of my ‘don’t get wet stuff’ in there. I can’t believe I haven’t seen other people do this. It was such a great thing for this year.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
First Light long boxers - super comfortable, breathable, no stink and stay in place without riding up

Versa Flow water filter with vecto bladders - faster than the Sawyer Mini and better designed to fit water bottles and bladders.

ARCA plate on my rifle - sweet and solid in my Feisol 3342

Klymit Static V Lux "SL" Insualted - slightly narrower than my standard 30" wide V Lux but a better R value and thicker yet lighter. Much nicer for sleeping below freezing.

Pigdog

Lil-Rokslider
Injinji liner socks. Haven’t got a single blister since I started using them.

SWOHTR

WKR
Darn tough socks. I wear them year round, in uniform, hiking, etc. have had them for 2 years now and no appreciable signs of wear.

Twang10

FNG
Sitka timberline pants love them!!!
Just switched to bino harness pack on front of my chest. Went cheap route because wasn’t sure if I’d like it. Love it so far. Has spot for binos, hook and bungee for range finder zip pocket for license and cell phone. I went with athlon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk