What gear was a pleasant surprise?

Which King Camo pants are you referring to? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, I think they were discontinued, which is why I got them on clearance. I bought both pair the store had and now wish I had bought five pair - seriously. They are that good. Don't show an ounce of wear and I've worn them hard for 3 straight hunting seasons. I've never owned camo pants that wore this well or dried so fast, and kept wind out too.

Here's the best I can help you. Hope you can find a pair (or four).

Attachments

• IMG_0221.JPG
    IMG_0221.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    213.4 KB · Views: 93

Texizona

FNG
First Lite merino shirts and SKRE merino bottom base layers. Wore the same pair for 10 days in the Alaska bush and absolutely no stink.

Also First Lite Corrugate pants. I was surprised how much easier it was to hike the mountains with pants that stretch instead of bind.

TrW

FNG
Bow holder/hanger. TAC hip bone bow holder. Custom rigged holder to my back pack shoulder strap.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
[QUOTE="TrW,[/QUOTE] So it just rests under your arm when you attach it to the shoulder?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

TrW

FNG
The bow, yes. And weight is on the shoulder strap. I find it very nice when needing both hands free, like when stoping to scan with binos. Don’t often leave it hooked up when walking, unless moving slow glassing in thick cover.

Austink47

WKR
I have thought about this one. For me the present surprise was my crispi summit boots. I was reluctant to believe all the hype, but They were amazing. Zero break in and happy feet on a wide variety of hunts.

cmahoney

WKR
Tried a few Peak Refuel meals this past season and they are definitely worth the few extra bucks over mountain house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okhotnik

WKR
Browning speed javelin pants
$29 on Sierra trading post
Like them almost as much as my kuiu and first lite

ultra neo boots on sale $70

wool t-shirts I discovered 10 years ago

My Garmin IN-Reach. I was hunting in Idaho in September. My father had a stroke. My wife was able to text me. I was able to get home and see him. I will always have one with me in the back country.

BennyJack

FNG
Gaiters here. Was really impressed how hey worked in the wet tundra with water pools up over the top of my boots.

robtattoo

WKR
Mountainsmith LT2 shelter amazes me, every time I pick it up. Under 2lb shelter for well under $100??? What's not to love about that!

Oh, and an off brand, $15 aluminum 40" tripod I bought on Amazon just for sitting & glassing. Utter, utter piece of garbage, but it weighs 13oz & is a hell of a lot better than trying to rest on my knee. It ain't an outdoorsman, it doesn't have a fancy space age head, but it holds my binos dead still.

elkyinzer

WKR
Mountainsmith LT2 shelter amazes me, every time I pick it up. Under 2lb shelter for well under $100??? What's not to love about that!

Oh, and an off brand, $15 aluminum 40" tripod I bought on Amazon just for sitting & glassing. Utter, utter piece of garbage, but it weighs 13oz & is a hell of a lot better than trying to rest on my knee. It ain't an outdoorsman, it doesn't have a fancy space age head, but it holds my binos dead still.

I am half embarrassed about it but I use an Amazon basics tripod in the limited glassing I do. It doesn't pan great but gets the job done and weighs next to nothing. I think the bino adaptor cost more than the tripod.