What is your biggest public land pet-peeve?

ZDR

WKR
1. Dirt Bikes / Mtn BIkes in wilderness areas and the rangers could care less
2. Overgrazing of wilderness areas/stream damage by cows (Pecos Wilderness/San Pedro parks specifically)
3. Outfitters caching their camps...

Gobbler36

WKR
People who put up tents and make it looks like someone is camping to fill up camp sites so other do not set up and hunt. Had a group all camping together (about 8) in one big site but they all parked vehicles at different campsites and set up tents and chairs but never camped there or slept there. They basically filled up all the other empty sites around them to minimize other people from camping in the few camp areas before the trailhead.
I’m sitting here thinking this is a great idea for September!

Jeff_Gibbons

Lil-Rokslider
Shooting related liter (shot up junk, trash and hulls/casings > regular liter > guys running bear dogs through tiny WMA's

People who leave there camp in the same spot, and also no regard for people already in your hunting spot.

Button

WKR
The local beach here has had a surge in people in the last decade. Summer weekends and holidays are a complete zoo for the 1st 4miles of the beach. Working shift work I’m off weekdays, so that’s a plus.

It’s a shame seeing people leave pop up canopy’s and tents that were destroyed by the wind. I’ve picked up many canopy skeletons and disposed of them like respectful human. Bags of trash and beer cans are pretty common. Some commercial shrimping boats throw tons of trash in the water that washes ashore.

One sad thing about ocean litter is the amount of animals that eat the plastic. Within a few minutes I can find trash that has numerous bites taken out of it by sea turtles. The bite marks are the shape of a Diamond <>

Button

WKR
You wouldn’t believe the amount of trash on the edge and in this small patch woods in town. Many people suck, small minded twats..literally a drain on natural resources.

OpenCountry

Lil-Rokslider
Toilet paper blowing across the prairie and wrapped up in every sage brush and tree.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Finding endless amounts of deflated balloons in the wilderness. Makes me want to go to a kid party and punch every single parent allowing kids to let balloons go in the air. I might even make a highlight reel on kidsgettinghurt instagram too!

I love my offroad toys, but I hate when guys go around/under gates and ride through the meadow I had to hike over the hill to get to...then sit at idle 50 yds from me until I stand up from my glassing spot flip them the bird and pack my stuff up. Also with people flocking to the trailheads the amount of trash left behind from them "enjoying nature" and getting out if the house after rona.

RMP

FNG
Litter. Road-hunters. Hunt clubs that come into an area with their packs of dogs and run them thru shooting anything and everything that their dogs chase out.

My friends ask me where a good spot is on public land I always tell them anyplace after you stop seeing vienna sausage cans.

Squatting. When people put up stands, blinds, cameras, and leave them in the woods. Even if not intended to it creates a defacto reservation system for those of us that try to avoid headaches and conflict.
As a fellow PA guy, I approve this message.

mck71

WKR
My wife and I like to frequent a lake in SW Oklahoma for fishing, swimming and probably waterfowling this fall. If the trash wasn’t bad enough, now we have to contend with people who burn wooden pallets at the primitive boat ramps and you end up with nails all over the place.