What meat grinder do you use?

Jbenson

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all! Just wanted some experienced input on what meat grinders you guys use. Obviously the chore of processing critters can be daunting and take some time, so it would be nice to have the proper/properly sized equipment to make quick work of it. I have a small cabelas grinder now that really struggles to keep up. Sounds like you can't go wrong with LEM products...but what size is reasonable? Thanks in advance for any input!

Josh

Jethro6x6

FNG
I,v had an old LEM #22 for 17 years,,, probably had 100,s of deer run thru it,,,,
Meat your maker is very popular too- do not go small,,, get sevaral plate sizes too,, an knifes for each plate,,,enjoy

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
Meat #32, I’ve been very pleased with the performance. I purchased this a couple years ago on a Black Friday sale and would definitely recommend it. They have a dual grind model now that I would seriously consider.

double grind in 1 pass is huge - it typically takes 3-4x longer to do a second grind than the first one.

I use an LEM #12 also have had it for probably 15 years. It's done lots of critters. It started to develope a little squeak this year while doing my son's deer. I take it apart and clean and oil it religiously after use. It may be time for an upgrade I've had my eye on a bigger meat your maker machine maybe that will be my Christmas present this year.

robtattoo

WKR
Weston #32

You could grind a whole baby in one go. I can barely keep up with it.
If it made a noise like a hemi, it would be better......FB_IMG_1571796412498.jpg

mlob1one

WKR
I am a fan of LEM. After 4 years with the #8 (1/2 hp), I upgraded to the #22 1hp, and it sings. Wished I'd made the jump initially. Last year was a slow year processing with 3 elk, & 17 mule deer & we were floored at its power and speed.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
I bought this #12 a couple years ago and it is way more powerful than the #8 from Cabela's that I'd used for years. For $300 it's hard to beat.

I think it's the perfect size for a couple elk a year and have a hard time keeping up with it.

shwacker

FNG
I think I have the LEM #5 big bite, and it works great. I haven't ground more than about 20 lbs at a time. Only complaint is that it can run a little hot and start cooking the meat if the grinder head and meat haven't been put in the freezer for a while. Also that I had to buy the in between size plate separately, which is the only size I use for everything.

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
LEM #22 Big Bite here. Love it, although sometimes I wish the blocker in the tray wasn't there. I understand why it is, for safety, gets frustrating at times when doing a double grind. Could go faster if it wasn't there or allowed for a bit more clearance. Also partially frozen chunks get hung up on it as well at times.

Holocene

WKR
Vollrath #12 1 HP commercial kitchen grinder.

It's a beast, but expensive. I just looked at prices and their #22 model (seems equivalent to Weston and might be made in same place) looks like a bigger grinder for less money.

The Vollrath grinder is well-designed and high-quality piece. At my use, will likely last the rest of my life.

I don't think I'd want one ANY bigger if I had to move it around the kitchen.

Packer9037

Lil-Rokslider
Meat #32 all the way for me. Whatever you decide, meat has a cool foot pedal attachment that allows you to control the machine with your foot while using both hands. Could be available elsewhere but I saw it first when I bought my MEAT grinder and absolutely love it!