What music do you listen to?

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Country for life and none of this new “country” stuff. It’s just rap sung by wanna be country boys. Waylon, willie, George straight, Alan Jackson, them good ol boys sing real country music

I'm actually sitting at my reloading bench right now, listening to Bad Manners, London Beat, The Specials & Madness on Pandora!
That sounds like quite the afternoon! Glad to hear you got Bad Manners in the mix (they don’t get quite as much love as say The Specials, Madness, or... I guess any iteration of The Beat). Got to see them live maybe 10 years back or so (on this side of the pond).

*When you said you grew up in the UK, all I could think of was Judge Dread’s “Bring Back” - it’s a nice 1970s / 1980s nostalgia tune. Speaking of “nostalgia”, I might even recommend some Maroon Town! Cheers!

I don't know Maroon Town. A-googling we go! 😁
Caveat - I think they (or a similarly named band) are still putting out stuff, so to make it easy on ya, here’s where I heard ’em:

*Sorry wasn’t sure the rules on posting links, haha, I’m new here 😂

**That whole Ska Giants comp was solid.

CorbLand

WKR
Country for life and none of this new “country” stuff. It’s just rap sung by wanna be country boys. Waylon, willie, George straight, Alan Jackson, them good ol boys sing real country music
Oh you did not just disgrace G. Strait by spelling it wrong...

robtattoo

WKR
Caveat - I think they (or a similarly named band) are still putting out stuff, so to make it easy on ya, here’s where I heard ’em:

*Sorry wasn’t sure the rules on posting links, haha, I’m new here 😂

**That whole Ska Giants comp was solid.

Oh yes! Robbie like! I actually really like the punked & popped up Ska. Rancid, Mighty Mighty Bosstones etc. It makes for great driving music.

Mostly Thrash Metal. Soulfly,Sepultura and the cure for the dirty, smelly hippies: SLAYER! I've been trying to ween myself off the Norwegian Death Metal. There is a band out of New Zealand called ALIEN WEAPONRY, they are bad ass.

Oh yes! Robbie like! I actually really like the punked & popped up Ska. Rancid, Mighty Mighty Bosstones etc. It makes for great driving music.
I apologize I’m a few weeks too late, but if you haven’t heard of it check out SuperNoVA (North Virginia?) International Ska Festival (although they moved it south to Hampton (VA) this year). It is the most chill concert experience you’ll ever have because it’s literally just diehard ska fans / small crowd (for a festival) of like 1,500.

www.supernovaska.com

It’s heavy on the 1st and 3rd wave, less so on 2nd (two tone), but they did have Roddy Radiation (former Special - check out “Another Rusty Nail”... very “Guilty”-era Specials) a previous year and were supposed to have the Skapones (modern day UK 2-tone).

Hard Rock. New and classic. I listen to country also, but only red dirt or country before the year 2000 typically.

rjburrola

FNG
Kenney Chesney is the go to for anytime can be on the beach or cruising through some mountains.

Tiger23

FNG
I consider myself a music lover, I adore any music that is pleasant to my ears. Since childhood, my mother loved pop music and I listened with her to various songs by Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, then Justin Bieber. When I got older (I was about 12 years old) I discovered rock. I started listening to Nirvana, Metallica, AC DC, Linkin Park and other bands. Then at the age of 16, my friend showed me Hip Hop. I listened to Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, ASAP Rocky, Travis Scott and other popular artists. Now in my playlist you can find Queen songs next to Snoop Dogg or 2Pac. I am very glad that I understand the culture of music and do not limit myself to genres and can find a FREE MP3 Downloader to download classical music or heavy metal.

Last edited: