What over the counter medication?

Yarak

WKR
I mostly hunt by myself so ibuprofen and quick clot
Always have plenty to eat and drink

I wash down 2 tylenol Pm’s with powdered Chrystal light lemonade and tequila

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Besides Imodium, Benadryl, and Ibuprofen I also lIke to keep a few chewable Pepto Bismol and prescription Zofran.

I have not found anything that remotely comes close to dealing with nausea and vomiting like the Zofran. The pills are dissolvable or chewable, and only take a few minutes to start working. I’ve never needed to use it in the backcountry but if you get food poisoning or the flu or something similar, you can use it to keep food or water down you would otherwise lose.

hoff1ck

WKR
Acetaminophen and NSAIDs are both fairly safe when take correctly, barring a few pre-existing conditions, so either should be fine. More recent studies also showed similar efficacy of 400 of ibuprofen vs 600/800, so less risk of adverse effects with the lower dose but similar pain control. Same with Tylenol, stick to 2-3g or less per day.

OTC - Diphenhydramine (Benadryl), NSAIDs (Ibuprofen), Visine eye drops
Rx - Augmentin or Z-Pack, Medrol Dose Pak, Zofran, Acetazolamide (if in the mountains)

Forgot to mention:

I do take Zaditor eye drops for allergy eyes.

I also take Bacitracin for basic wound care in place of Neosporin. Bacitracin can also be used for bacterial conjunctivitis.

Acetaminophen and NSAIDs are both fairly safe when take correctly, barring a few pre-existing conditions, so either should be fine. More recent studies also showed similar efficacy of 400 of ibuprofen vs 600/800, so less risk of adverse effects with the lower dose but similar pain control. Same with Tylenol, stick to 2-3g or less per day.
I would agree. Personally, I can't tell the difference between 600 mg and 800 mg.

In addition, if I get a headache and take ibuprofen 400 mg at the onset of the headache, it works perfect. Using it as an abortive medication in this scenario is very efficacious.

Marble

WKR
I also carry some stronger narcotic pain pills in case of severe injury. I think we have only had to get into it one time.

If you have a prescription of one of the weaker pain killers, like the 5 MG hydrocodone or oxycodone, they relieve pain without making you loopy.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
Plenty of Ibuprofen for soreness.
Ibuprofen is fine if not abused at other times. Over time it can definitely mess with your liver/kidneys
if you take it all the time for every ache and pain. I rarely ever take it, so if I need to for a week while hunting I don't worry about it.

Laned

WKR
I mostly hunt by myself so ibuprofen and quick clot
Always have plenty to eat and drink
Just in case you weren't aware, those two things fight each other. Ibuprofen thins the blood making clotting more difficult.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using Tapatalk

MO-CHSPKE

FNG
Ibuprofen does not “thin your blood.” It can cause stomach ulcers, but that’s because it blocks prostaglandin production, which helps to create the protective lining of the stomach and intestines. Aspirin does have platelet aggregation prohibition properties.

If you’re prone to allergic reactions, keep Benadryl and Pepcid on hand. Those two will cover H1 and H2 receptors and help with reducing reactions.

In my emergency kit…

OTC medication consists of Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Benadryl, Imodium, Melatonin.

I keep some 1:1000 Epi and nitro tabs as well but I’m a paramedic.

Advil Dual Action contains 250 mg of ibuprofen and 500 mg of acetaminophen. It is the same that they recommend after major surgery. No need for opiates, etc.