What tripod should I get??

J86Warren

FNG
I’m thinking I may buy a tripod to carry with me this year backpack archery and rifle hunting. My plan will be to glass with my binos from it. I have set up my binos on a tripod before and was blown away at how much more I could see. I do not have a spotter currently but do plan to buy one in the next year or so. So my question is what tripod would you recommend that will be good for backpack hunting, sturdy for a spotter (65mm probably) I will soon acquire, not break the bank, but also not junk. Thanks in advance

Take a look at the many previous threads. Then call me. Need to know are you sitting/standing, how tall are you?
The #1 option is the Sirui T024SKVA5.
Here is a link to see it

Thru this Friday 8/1 we are giving 15% off and Sirui is also giving 15% back

Give me a call to discuss this and other options. Mention Rokslide
Joel
516-217-1000

I like the Slik series tripods. The 624, 634, 733, many models, just depends on how light you want to go.
Tripod is one area I don’t think the buy once cry once mentality really applies. I don’t think you gain anything going with the outdoorsman’s aluminum over the nicer $150-300 range carbons, and I’m all for spending money on good gear!

The Vortex Summit (I think that's the name) ones ain't half bad for what you'd need it for. I've even mounted a shooting fork on them for rifle hunting as a rest. They might be worth checking out.

TSimons9

FNG
Another slik fan here. I was running the 624 for a while, but found it a little to light for my 65mm spotter. I decided to bump up to the 733 and so far I am really pleased with the 733.

4Cody4

FNG
I'm running a Vortex Pro GT and am considering downsizing to something lighter.

OP
J

J86Warren

FNG
Thank you for the feedback from everyone, not sure why I didn’t see a lot of the replies til now. Ended up coming across a promaster 525 XC for very cheap and am happy with it so far.

slowelk

WKR
For others looking, I recently got the KDC Granite Peak Tripod for putting my 10x42 EL's on, and it's great. With all components it weighs 9oz, and is plenty stable to hold binos for long sessions.

Tunsei

FNG
Sirui t024 is great. Bit on the bulky side, but super versatile. Benro slim carbon is a good light tripod in reasonable price bracket