What would you NOT buy used

Boots have been a mixed bag over the years for me. A few eBay purchases were duds. Flaws or more wear than I could see.

Bows scare me. Who knows what has been done with or to it. Guns are somewhat the same. I looked at a 629 44 mag a while back and it appeared whoever had it was wildcatting some hand loads based on scoring around the forcing cone.

Generally for used gear I am looking for something that is pretty close to what I want or need at a very attractive price. I get more annoyed buying something that isn’t quite what I wanted at a pretty full price than the ones that turned out to be lemons or more used up than I expected but at least I bought them cheap.

I'd only really buy equipment and outwear.

2nd hand prices on bows, optics and gear is just too good to pass up. With camera quality you can be pretty sure its in good nick. I think most people that sell on sites like this are a good sort too.

shmelton

FNG
Definitely wouldn’t buy used toilet paper.

Really, I wouldn’t by any clothing Other than outer layers.
Bows and guns I always buy used. I am to rough on my stuff to buy new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Vegan

FNG
Id say sock for sure. Hard for me to buy a used truck or lawnmower also. Pllow cases and toilets makw my list also.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Electronics - If you can wait six months, the new price will probably be less than current used price.

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
I've bought a couple of Western Mountaineering Sleeping bags used. One has a guys colone or soap smell I just cant get out. The other just plain wasnt' waterproof anymore. I'll buy new in the future......
Don

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’m not sure who would want to buy used base layers or undies. Even if they were washed....I just couldn’t do it. Not having someone else’s ball and ass sweat marinating on me is worth the extra dollars that some new stuff is gonna cost me.

While I'm not buying undies used either (why bother...) I don't really get creeped out by stuff that is washed, someone on here once made the joke chances are your significant other isn't fresh off the dealership lot... :LOL:

boom

WKR
helmets. any type. i've sneezed hard in mine (full faced) and wouldnt feel right selling it to anyone with the crunchy bits inside.

and my mtn bike helmet gets very gross. very gross.