What'd you forget?

Superdoo

WKR
Went ice fishing a couple years ago. Forgot my down parka! 🙇🙇🙇🙇🙇🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
I live in North freaking Dakota!!!!!

Attachments

• 43DED7BE-DBE4-4B16-A079-4E8141B13A20.jpeg
    43DED7BE-DBE4-4B16-A079-4E8141B13A20.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 98

Dapper

FNG
I forgot my arrows. Luckily it was just for an evening hunt. My bow broke the evening before. That bow was always in its case with the quiver on. My backup bow wouldn't fit in its case with the quiver on. So I grabbed the backup bow, hiked in over a mile to watch a water source. Once I got there I realized I didn't attach the quiver. You can be having the worst hunt of your life and then it can change in a heartbeat, later that afternoon I shot a big 6x7.

We're all stuffing the last few things into our packs, going over gear lists, grocery lists, piling up the garage or hobby rooms with stuff... and I have a nagging feeling I'm forgetting something. The last couple things on my lists are oil change and tire rotation, both appointments are tomorrow.

Thought I'd start a lighthearted thread on things we've forgotten. Plus, it may remind someone they forgot to add it to their gear list.

One year when my son and I were heading out to do an overnight scouting trip I thought I had thrown in a cheap tent. When we got to the trail head I realized I had thrown in a beach sun shade. When I got home I took a sharpie and wrote, "Not A Tent" on both ends. The damn bag looks identical to a tent I also own.

If you're so inclined, finish the sentence, "One time, I forgot..."

last time i had that nagging feeling, i forgot my bugle tube. you talk about a deflating feeling 12 hours from the house. but as we do in the elkwoods, we adapt and overcome. i cut a couple gatorade bottles and taped them together, along with a Primos pack bugle that never got used with the camo duct tape in my bag of misc goodies and went hunting. killed a 4 point bull a couple days later using that homemade tube.

Last edited:

3darcher2

Lil-Rokslider
The first whitetail buck I ever killed with a bow I shot in faded blue jeans and white tennis shoes at about 15 yards. I did have a camo shirt on, but I had forgotten my outerlayer camo and boots. Fortunately it was early October in PA and it was a pretty nice day.

xOttox

FNG
Sunscreen. Antelope trip last year in the NE panhandle first week of September. Weather wasn't to hot but after 6 days under the sun I was burnt to a crisp. My face, neck, and hands hurt so bad those last 2 days.

This year, it's the first thing I've thrown in my bag.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Jqualls

Lil-Rokslider
last time i had that nagging feeling, i forgot my bugle tube. you talk about a deflating feeling 12 hours from the house. but as we do in the elkwoods, we adapt and overcome. i cut a couple gatorade bottles and taped them together, along with a Primos pack bugle that never got used with the camo duct tape in my bag if misc goodies and went hunting. killed a 4 point bull a couple days later using that homemade tube.

Hah I did similar hack last year. I left my tube in the vehicle for a day hunt. Didn't realize it until I was 2 miles in and about 1200' feet of climbing. Cut the end of a Gatorade bottle off but unfortunately only had one bottle and was not succesful.

I forgot my arrows. Luckily it was just for an evening hunt. My bow broke the evening before. That bow was always in its case with the quiver on. My backup bow wouldn't fit in its case with the quiver on. So I grabbed the backup bow, hiked in over a mile to watch a water source. Once I got there I realized I didn't attach the quiver. You can be having the worst hunt of your life and then it can change in a heartbeat, later that afternoon I shot a big 6x7.

thats awesome and so true! back when i was a beer drinker, i got up lat
Hah I did similar hack last year. I left my tube in the vehicle for a day hunt. Didn't realize it until I was 2 miles in and about 1200' feet of climbing. Cut the end of a Gatorade bottle off but unfortunately only had one bottle and was not succesful.

the important thing is you didn't let that small setback stop you from hunting ;)

StillBald

FNG
Wife and I left on a 14 hour drive for a week+ backpacking trip. Realized 2 hours from the house that neither of us had packed the tent-- we had both left it on the dining room table assuming the other was going to grab it. Glad we figured that out before we got to our destination!

mwebs

WKR
Kettle kit to boil water with my pocket rocket for dehydrated meals. I was used to bringing the jetboil... Used lots of interesting configurations of rocks, heating water in the bags without melting, etc. GF was not impressed eating not really rehydrated meals, my digestive system was also not impressed.