What's in your kill kit?

Xtorminator

Lil-Rokslider
I may try out some Gote game bags this year... Anyone used them or heard of them?

I have Gote bags, they are nice bags. The quarter bags are huge and IMO a little heavy 12oz. I have some green synthetic bags that are 4oz. I don't remember the the brand of the green bags. This year I will be using two small Gote bags and two green 1/4 bags per elk.

cmeier117

WKR
I have Gote bags, they are nice bags. The quarter bags are huge and IMO a little heavy 12oz. I have some green synthetic bags that are 4oz. I don't remember the the brand of the green bags. This year I will be using two small Gote bags and two green 1/4 bags per elk.

How much do the small bone out meat bags from gote?

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
The large TAG bags (44" X 24") are 3.4 oz each. Caribou bags medium (48" X 28") are a little heavier, BUT I carry 2 of the medium and 3 and the total weight is about the same.

TAGs = 16.8oz
Caribou = 19.2oz

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Havalon Knife with extra blades

2 Kifaru Meat Baggies

3 Caribou bags (various sizes depending on animals I'm hunting)

Marking Ribbon

550 Cord

1-3 contractor bags...also depends on what/how many animals I'm hunting.

bobhunts

WKR
Caribou Gear game bags. para cord. folding saw in Colorado (the cheap ones) Knives of Alaska large knife and a Havalon Piranta with extra blades, pen to sign my tag,two pairs of latex gloves, and a small wash cloth.

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider
I have noticed that a lot of you are using the caribou game bags what made you go with them over the TAG bags? The TAG bags came out first so I bought a couple of sets and have had no issues with them. Once the caribou bags came out I took a look at them in person and thought they were very similar in construction and material to the TAG bags so I did not see a need to buy more bags. Am I missing something?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The Caribou bags are ligher, but not by much and the owner of C bags lives in Colorado....gotta support the local businesses!

So NO, you're not missing anything..IMO

cmeier117

WKR
Anyone use the solo hunter carnivore 2 kit? I noticed this year they added a 5th bag. Are 5 of the 21x24 bags enough for a boned out elk?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
IMG_2219.jpg

I used TAGS bags for a long time too, but they eventually wore out.

I have noticed that a lot of you are using the caribou game bags what made you go with them over the TAG bags? The TAG bags came out first so I bought a couple of sets and have had no issues with them. Once the caribou bags came out I took a look at them in person and thought they were very similar in construction and material to the TAG bags so I did not see a need to buy more bags. Am I missing something?