What's on your feet this year?

oct71

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Meindl perfekts. Been going strong for 6 years. They fit so good, I'm gonna cry when they wear out. I usually use tready looking tennis shoes for early season. Hi tec makes some that are reasonably priced $40 and last me about a year.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Meindl perfekts. Been going strong for 6 years. They fit so good, I'm gonna cry when they wear out. I usually use tready looking tennis shoes for early season. Hi tec makes some that are reasonably priced $40 and last me about a year.

do you have the hikers or the hunters?

Lawnboi

WKR
Currently in the stable i have.

Lowa tibets.... this will be there first season
Meindl alaska hunters.... these fit my feet very good, i really like them
Lowa zephyrs..... for lightweight tasks

Im not hard on boots, only 140lbs, so these will last me a while i think.

All my boots either have superfeet greens in them or oranges

My dad has a few sets of russells, and man those are some nice looking and feeling boots, id really like to get a pair someday.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have some Meindl Perfekt's and love them. Mine are the 200 gram insulation. I am looking at some Hanwags for summer hiking, not sure though.

Pueblo

FNG
I've been using a Salomon Quest 4D GTX for my August hunts. I've never experienced such comfort and control. Great support at every position and a wide toe box with a tough toe cap for protection. They're light and yet they inspire a lot of confidence when boulder hopping, rockslide crossing etc. On the trail they are fast and comfortable. The unique setback ankle cinch and lock really helps. The only drawback I've seen is that gore-tex is only waterproof until you actually need it to be waterproof. I switch to a Danner boot in the later season. I can't recommend the Danner and will move on soon.

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa Tibets Gtx my first pair of real mountain boots. I'll know more after September!

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Lowa Tibets Gtx my first pair of real mountain boots. I'll know more after September!

I told a guy he should upgrade is Danner Pronghorns to a "REAL" pair of mountain boots once... He just about bit my head off!! He thought China made pronghorns were the best of the best... He told me they were leaking and he was rolling his ankle that is why I told him to upgrade. So be careful when saying "REAL" mountain boots. ;)

Rod

Lil-Rokslider
:)If my feet get wet & if I roll an ankle after what these cost, I may be ready to bite someone also! :)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Rod I have the taller 10" lowa boots and I still get wet when crossing the creeks over the boot tops for too long

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of elk trackers. They are a great boot, but not so much for back packing. I am going to purchase lowa tibets. DO you guys order them in the same size as you shoe? or a half size larger like most boots?

Last edited:

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Kennertrek mountain extreme. Best out there. Use them year round and my feet don't sweat or get cold. Truly an amazing boot