What’s the coolest thing you found in the back country

I just think it’s a “look at me” kind of thing, and it robs people of the sense of wilderness that so many are after.
I imagine some father of a sweet little girl, who painted a rock for Daddy to remember her by, placed it there to show her how much he missed her while he was away hunting. One day hundred of year into the future some archeologist will be telling the world about the artifact he found. Hell arrowheads when you think about it are just either, dispersed broken points, or pieces of gear dropped and forgotten from long ago and we think their cool. Basically just trash same as can and bottle dumps from old cow and sheep camps. It's trash they did t want to pack so they left it on purpose but it was over 100 years ago so now their artifacts.

I imagine some father of a sweet little girl, who painted a rock for Daddy to remember her by, placed it there to show her how much he missed her while he was away hunting. One day hundred of year into the future some archeologist will be telling the world about the artifact he found. Hell arrowheads when you think about it are just either, dispersed broken points, or pieces of gear dropped and forgotten from long ago and we think their cool. Basically just trash same as can and bottle dumps from old cow and sheep camps. It's trash they did t want to pack so they left it on purpose but it was over 100 years ago so now their artifacts.

Maybe my grandkids will think it’s cool then. I think it sucks now.

rayporter

WKR
about a mile off the road and several hundred yards off the main trail is this barn in the Ozarks in Arkansas.

eTVoGhn.jpg

BPAZ223

FNG
The foundation of an old hotel that was called the Bret Hart in Northern California. It's kinda well known by the locals but not many other people, nothing left but the rock foundation and some fruit trees. There's a stream nearby that had baby trout in it.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
The foundation of an old hotel that was called the Bret Hart in Northern California. It's kinda well known by the locals but not many other people, nothing left but the rock foundation and some fruit trees. There's a stream nearby that had baby trout in it.

Another great place to visit is, Bodie ghost town in Central Ca.

3f90dd376626dec0112bd9e26fed59b0.jpg

2e83aa234b58c9e0b3588e3dc99c5d65.jpg

Exchanging bugles one morning with a nice bull. He ended up spooking and crossing this creek and for shits and giggles I followed him on his trail and a glimmer of purple caught my eye as I was crossing the dry creek bed.

Found a pretty big chunk of this ancient species called a baculite that reminds me a clam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hitman Hart?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back 2019 on a Colorado OTC Bull Elk hunt I hunted a herd for 3 days in a burn, blew the shot (actually 3 shots) on the 1st day and that's when my bad luck ran out. I stopped for a break on the hike out and there layed a Taurus 357 Mag with the handle burned up! Went back the next day, found the herd again and ba-da-bing......... filled my tag.

Attachments

• IMG_6315.jpg
    IMG_6315.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 144
Found this guy last Monday. Stag muley. Too bad it’s not in a little better shape but pretty cool either way.

Attachments

• IMG_7262.jpeg
    IMG_7262.jpeg
    435.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7261.jpeg
    IMG_7261.jpeg
    289.6 KB · Views: 73