What's your choice for a bonded bullet for a 30 caliber?

Curious why nobody has mentioned the Federal Fusion? Basically a bonded soft-point.
Does one generally need a design with a shank/solid middle core to get good penetration on moose?

Twtxga

FNG
200 gr accubond

i did not like the performance of a eld-x out of a 7mm prc on aoudad month. broke the front should but took 2 more after

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
180 grain accubond will do the job out to 600 yard i know a boy who went elk hunting with the accubond 6.5 prc 600 yards droped dead in his tracks. do not use the accubond long range for a shot inside 200 yards it will kinda explode i have heard that i do not know if it explodeing is true or not.

rcook10

WKR
All the good ones have been mentioned that i can think of except the federal terminal ascents. Hard to get as a component but the loaded ammo has been stellar for me. I don’t know what they are loading their 308 line with but i’m getting 2500+ out of a 16” barrel with an sd of 8 on a 10 round string. Damn good accuracy, damn good terminal performance at close and long range.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Accubond lr's are hot garbage! Go with the original accubond. You can't go wrong with the 180s, they were my favorite bullet for a very long time.
Out of curiosity why do you say that? This past season I helped a friend get his first bull, he used my 30-06 with my hand loads using the 190g ABLR and dropped a great moose with a single shot just past 300yds.

I was able to get that bullet shooting right under an inch at 100yds hitting a MV right around 2650fps. It made for a very comfortable shooting and predictable load. I’d not hesitate to use it again.

Have you seen the ABLR perform poorly?

Mangata

Lil-Rokslider
I have shot moose with A-frames, Tsx, Ttsx, Tbbc with calibers from 30 to 45. No moose that I have shot at has ever escaped the game bag. I have no doubt that the Eldx would be any different in its ability to kill moose. They are impressively large which makes them a better target but they are not difficult to kill.
Practicing your moose calling will improve your success rate much more than bullet choice…

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Out of curiosity why do you say that? This past season I helped a friend get his first bull, he used my 30-06 with my hand loads using the 190g ABLR and dropped a great moose with a single shot just past 300yds.

I was able to get that bullet shooting right under an inch at 100yds hitting a MV right around 2650fps. It made for a very comfortable shooting and predictable load. I’d not hesitate to use it again.

Have you seen the ABLR perform poorly?
In my experience they had inconsistent performance as far as expansion and what it seemed like they did when they hit animals. They were also very fickle to get to shoot well. The regular accubonds were very consistent on game and much easier to get to shoot.

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
0ea03ee9271b6a65cced7102f96b0dd1.jpg

I am a believer in accubonds after I saw how they dropped my 70 inch moose. The hole in the ribs is from a 180 grain 300 win load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk