Whats your Favorite early seaon elk gear

martie88

FNG
What is your favorite peice of early season archery elk gear. Planning a trip to Colorado this September for an elk hunt. Getting a list togeather of everything I need and just wondering what everyone's favorite gear is weather it be clothes,boots, tent, trekking stick and the list goes on I'm looking for recommendations on everything.

Planning on getting the exo k4 5000. But everything else is up in the air so far

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
A few more details on the style of hunt will help. Backpack hunt (and if so, bivy style or backcountry base camp), truck camp, mix of things...? So many options and so much to consider. But if you like gear and have $ to spend, this can be a fun part of the whole process.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
M

martie88

FNG
A few more details on the style of hunt will help. Backpack hunt (and if so, bivy style or backcountry base camp), truck camp, mix of things...? So many options and so much to consider. But if you like gear and have $ to spend, this can be a fun part of the whole process.

Ahh yes I guess more Info would definitely help.planning on backpacking bivy style. Heading back to the truck half way though to restock and change locations in needed

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
For a bivy style backpack hunt, weight is obviously important. Easiest way to cut weight is in your shelter and sleep system but there's a bit of a learning curve if you're planning to go minimalist. Could go on and on but there are a lot of different resources on this. So my one "favorite" piece here is a good quilt. For me specifically, a Katabatic Flex 15.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Water filter system
Coffee
Starbursts for something sweet once in a while
Crocs if crossing rivers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BodyGlide chaffe preventer along with compression shorts; Chap stick; sunglasses and sunscreen. If it's an OTC unit save the weight and aggravation and leave your bow in the truck-you will not need it.

OP
M

martie88

FNG
BodyGlide chaffe preventer along with compression shorts; Chap stick; sunglasses and sunscreen. If it's an OTC unit save the weight and aggravation and leave your bow in the truck-you will not need it.
Hahaha yea probably could leave it in the truck but that would be the time i actually see someyhing. Not expecting much this year becides gaining experience for years to come. Gota start somewhere.

CMF

WKR
kuiu tibaron pants
Dan durston x mid 2p tent
sea to summit ether sleep pad
hammock gear economy 20 quilt
exo pack
sg bino harness

Usi05

WKR
Main gear:
Wrangler outdoor pants- I’m cheap & they work
Sitka lightweight
Sitka heavyweight
First light uncompghre
Merino wool bottoms
Wool socks x2
Wool briefs x2
Rain jacket
Gaiters
Crocs
Sitka fanatic gloves
Beanie
Cheap shades
Platypus bags for water carry
Sawyer filter
Smart water bottles x2
El coyote 10 degree long wide quilt
Big Agnes deluxe pad
Sea to summit inflatable pillow
Milkweed as wind checker
Game bags
Two knives
Chapstick
Inreach mini 2
Lowa tibets
Cheap crocs
Pocket rocket
Several lighters
Lueko tape
Marsupial Bino harness and rangefinder pouch
Razor 10x42’s
Vortex 1000 yard range finger. can’t remember model
Battery pack and a few chords to charge up
Two carter releases
Vaseline covered cotton balls.
Tiger wall UL2
Have carried pistol and carried spray depending on hunt
Couple of pills like Tylenol, Benadryl and anti diarrheal
Stone glacier x curve and bag (5400ci I think)
Sometimes I bring a lightweight chair.
Prime inline 3. 5 arrows in quiver with extra arrows and broadheads in vehicle.

My favorite thing is crocs. It’s just nice to take boots off and they are handy for crossing rivers
Close second would be caffeine flavor packets and sour gummy bears.

Probably missing few things but that’s most of it for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It gets some hate but the First Lite sawtooth hybrid jacket is my favorite piece of early season elk gear. Compresses to my body great for archery hunting and has a massive range of temperature versatility, all with the thin merino back so I don't sweat excessively from my pack.